new bearings

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toomanycars

Reaction score
I have my motor tore down and the case in half and I dont want to do it again so I have two questions ..

1 were do I find good quality but low cost bearing.. I know low cost and quality dont go together but i figured everyone here would have a good idia as to were to find some..

2 Do I need a special puller or will any good bearing puller work??

Which bearing exactly we talkin here? Most bild bearing remover/slap hammer puller will work.

Yah and it's not fully lubed until it glows.

Yep, best way to make sure the lube is installed correctly is to leave it overnight sitting in your garage running on full choke, header should be nice and red the whole length when you wake up in the morning. That's when you know you're ready to install the johnson rod.

Indeed but if you install the Johnson rod wrong your header will explode into crude oil.

its gunna cost you more than 400 bucks to get all the bearings dude. id just replace what needs replacing and be done.

Only thing you can do is to pull the bearings, take them to a good parts guy at a parts store, and match em up. Other then that, getting them from Yamaha is the best course of action. I was going to do them when I had mine apart, but, after seeing the final prices, and once I got to inspect them... it wasn't worth it. As long as they are tight, have all their balls, the cages are good, no pitting, no rusting, no anything out of the ordinary... spray them really good with brake clean, blow them out with air, then squirt fesh oil on them while spinning them. It is worth it to get all the seals that are hidden behind a few of them. Just need a slide hammer type bearing remover.

Back