new bearing but wallard axel

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr5bidder

Reaction score
so I got my ne bearings and seal and found a sloppy fit on the axel my bro say to knurl it or to have it welded and turn down to right size

the wore section measures 38mm while the bearing I.D is 40mm
any other qiuck and easy fixes?

hmmm never heard of this happening. How bad did you let the bearings get? I say its time for a nice g-force axle:iagree:

Do know off the top of my head what the axle dimensions are, but that seems like a lot. I would look into another axle if it was me…

Well you got a couple of options, get another stock axel thanks to ebay, get a aftermarket axel thanks to ebay, find someone parting out a warrior local. Or don't know if it would work, but take the axel to a bearing shop, have the mic the axel bearing size and get a bearing to fit that worn side. Now don't know if it will work when it has to be reinstalled since it slides across and through both bearings.

hmmm never heard of this happening. How bad did you let the bearings get? I say its time for a nice g-force axle:iagree:

umm I did not let the bearings get bad and the ones I took out still spun good..so some P.O had spun the bearings ( bearings stuck and wore the axel)

I will just knurl the axel to make the difference up, no thanks on the aftermarket spendage

If thats the case its sounds more like they let the bearing seize up and rode it like that. Or could have been it seized up and they rode it back to camp or load up, it wouldn't take make for it to wear like that with the friction and heat on it.

Back