New and looking for tips!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosKua

Reaction score
So I'm new to this whole forum thing and thought I'd try it out to get some tips and info. I've got a '96 warrior and was wondering what kind of cheap mods are out there to gain power in my bike. I was thinking about a pipe and maybe a big bore kit. What is a good cheap pipe and kit to get? Also to add to that what diff. size kits are there for these bikes? Thanks! =)

Well I didn't completely mean cheap, just stuff that's not going to completely break the bank. What are some good brands to keep an eye out for, and what other things may be better than pipe and bore kit to increase power?

Well I didn't completely mean cheap, just stuff that's not going to completely break the bank. What are some good brands to keep an eye out for, and what other things may be better than pipe and bore kit to increase power?

A lot of people like to stay close to a stock bore, with a high compression piston. Like an 11:1 wiesco or a 10.5:1 JE. And a +1 intake valve, cam, port and polish job, all that should run around $400-$500 total.

As for exhausts HMF makes good stuff, yoshimurq makes good stuff, and fmf seems good too. A good slip on will run around $250

Your best bet is to buy your pipe used and your engine parts like pistons and valves new.

Remember when modding to have a goal or style in mind so you get parts that compliment each other. Like you don't want a huge carb like a 39mm fcr for a low rpm putt around a golf course build and you won't want a 36mm Btm carb for a all out build. You must keep your performance style in mind when choosing parts.

Like my setup is on the more radical less common end of the spectrum 12:1 comp piston custom larger diameter exhaust high lift cam, fugue carb and no air box. While most woods bikes use a moderate carb short lift long duration cam and smaller exhaust for torque.

Just keep in mind your style and terrain when choosing your performance mods. Like James said every mod should compliment the others

As far as power increase in general, change the pipe first and jet it, if that's not enough look into a better filter setup, if that's not enough look at carbs, if that's not enough look into pistons and cam and porting. You can always spend more money so never think you have the best setup or that once you start you will be done. The modding never ends. Look in the elite forum for examples of that lol

Your best bet is to buy your pipe used and your engine parts like pistons and valves new.

Remember when modding to have a goal or style in mind so you get parts that compliment each other. Like you don't want a huge carb like a 39mm fcr for a low rpm putt around a golf course build and you won't want a 36mm Btm carb for a all out build. You must keep your performance style in mind when choosing parts.

Like my setup is on the more radical less common end of the spectrum 12:1 comp piston custom larger diameter exhaust high lift cam, fugue carb and no air box. While most woods bikes use a moderate carb short lift long duration cam and smaller exhaust for torque.

Just keep in mind your style and terrain when choosing your performance mods. Like James said every mod should compliment the others

Low to moderate lift cam with a short duration you mean.

Let me know your budget and I'll make a list of what you want for the best bang for you buck. I'm big on sticking as close to stock cc as possible and an a fan of the stage 1 hotcam for a mild motor build. Read my motor build thread up top to give you some ideas.

Yeah Beastly a list would be nice. I do mostly mountain trail riding with an occasional trip to the dunes. Don't get me wrong tho there's plenty of good straight stretches and hill climbs, where I really like to open her up. My price range right now is kinda low $300-500, but there is always room for more upgrading down the road. =) Thanks.

Back