New 2005 Wolverine Owner Here

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSCRunner

Reaction score
Just picked up this machine really wanting to try a 4x4 quad, but wanting something a little sportier. The 2005 and earlier Wolverine seemed to fit the bill. I need to use it for some work, but mostly fun! I have already ordered a winch and plow set up (thinking ahead to next winter) and I am interested in doing a few more mods to it. Unfortunately a lot of the GREAT mods I have read about are no longer available! Here's the specs on the new ride:

2005 Wolverine
White Brothers E2 slip on exhaust
Warn 424 kit
25" mudlites

Here's what I want to do:

I am in LOVE with the idea of a manual clutch. After much research I was pointed time and time again in the direction of Four Stroke Tech. Unfortunately after contacting him I have realized that he no longer offers this kit as he is unable to source the parts. I am hellbent on figuring out a way to do this.

I'm also interested in motor mods, such as big bore options, big bear top end's motor swaps etc... at this point a new carb would be in order too

I'd like to do an air filter, looks like the pro design with uni is a good option?

I'd like to buy or make some kind of quiet core for my exhaust. It's not terribly loud, but I'd like to be a little more stealthy. It seems they used to make them, but now they are out of business (bought out by vance & hines, who is no help). I'm thinking as long as the diameter of the tube is the same I can use one for another exhaust, or have my own fabbed up. I'd love suggestions in this dept. as well!

I'm also interested in what gearing options there are. I'd much rather have more acceleration and less top speed, but I've never worked with a shaft driven machine before in regards to gearing (chain gears are soooo easy!). Obviously my 25" tires are putting me in the opposite direction, but I want to keep them. I am wondering about big bear gear swap, or maybe an entire big bear motor? Also the possibility of changing gears at the differentials.

I really want to get at least a rear rack, and maybe a front rack as well.

I'd like to get some more coverage with new skids, but I want to wait until I have the plow setup here, so I can see what I have to work with.

Anyway, long intro I know, but it seemed an appropriate place to start.

Looking forward to learning more about this machine and modding it to suit.

If anyone has any info or feedback on any of the mods I've mentioned please don't hesitate to comment here, or email me directly at my username here at g mail. Thanks!!

Attachments

• mywolverine.jpg
    mywolverine.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0411.jpg
    IMAG0411.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0412.jpg
    IMAG0412.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0413.jpg
    IMAG0413.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0414.jpg
    IMAG0414.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 22
Nice machine, love the all black look! And welcome to the forum! :)

Sounds like you have a lot in mind...stick around the forum and youll get a lot of help!

Good luck!

Welcome. You gotta beast there. I don't know jack yet about customizing your ride. I just wanted to say welcome. I'm at the ground level when it comes to learning about ATVs. This is the best place to talk about Wolverines though so hang tight.

Welcome to the forum an d again I wont bre much help with the mods.AS I am a 2008 wolvy owner.

The more research I do the more mods I find that I love but can't get because they are discontinued! I took the bike out in some serious mud and water and it did great with the mudlites, but the warn 424 is acting up and not staying in 4x4 so that was one issue I need to figure out. Also realized how a detroit gearless locker would be awesome in conjunction with a working 424 but can't find one available...

Welcome BlackSCRunner.nice bike! Ive always wanted a manual clutch too. Skid plates the best mod ive done.. i killed my last wolvey when i skimmed a rock..And def. the 424. good luck with ur quad.

Latest posts

Back