Neutral problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikerman883

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum. I just purchased a 91 yamaha warrior and have a hard time getting it to neutral unless I shut the engine off and shift. I tried adjust the clutch cable and no different. Also the neutral light doesn't light up, is that the neutral safety switch not working? The bulb is good and works when grounded.

These engines are a bit tough to get into neutral. The engine oil cooler seems to be the only help for this problem. It won't fix it it it seems to help.

Try grounding the wire that goes to the neutral switch, located just below the shifter. If it lights, the switch is bad.

I had this problem on my 87. However the linkage was shot so I bought an msr shifter for a yz250 and went direct shift now I can find neutral super easy

direct shifter will help ... and/or you can remover the shift star and use a round fill make to neutral position a little bigger

Ok, stupid question, what is a direct shift and what does it do besides make neutral easier

It bolts directly to the shift shaft
eliminates the linkage like the stock shift lever has

Thanks for the help and info, ordering the shifter now. Also realized today it needs wheel bearing and a upper ball joint. Awesome and helpful forum

Thanks,
Chuck

Back