Neutral light

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennys

Reaction score
Basically my neutral light wont come on and my shifter is a bit sloppy on my 1999 wolvy. if you frig with the shifter and get it in the right spot the light will come on but its finiky. the dealer told me i needed a relay? which i think they are just trying to take my money. if anyone can offer some insight it would be appreciated. ( i know holding the brake over rides the neutral light for starting)

Thanks,
kenny

I'm at a loss on this one, I have never had that happen to me. Hopefully someone on the board here will chime in and get you in the right direction.

do you also have problems shifting or is it just the light?

Does your reverse lockout work? Mine doesn't. It's sometimes hard to find neutral...I'm always hitting reverse or 1st.

I have the same problem that you have. You need to lightly push down on the shifter to "find the right spot" for the light to go on in order to start it... it is a pain. I do not know the solution, but i have the same issue and would like to fix it

I think it's the reverse lockout arm that's bent or broken. I looked into fixing it, but it involves pulling off a sidecase and I beleive removing one of the clutches.

Back