Neutral light dims???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JupiterWarrior

Reaction score
I finally got my 1989 Warrior running right after a good carb cleaning
and rebuild.

I just noticed that my neutral light will almost dim completely out whenever I rev the bike. Is this normal? It revs fine, acts fine all through the rpm range but I am worried maybe there is an electrical problem.

Usually when you rev an engine the electric gets better not worse!?!?!?
So I am worried the charging system might be off.....

Please someone ease my mind or send me over the top....lol

Thanks
Charlie

Check connection under motor by shifter. Could b loose and vibrating when u rev

mine usually sometimes don't light up until I rev the motor
my guess is the neutral switch is taking a crap on it.
if the battery reads 14+ volts while running then it's the neutral switch that's going
nothing to worry about then

Thanks for the input guys. I will check the voltage when I get home.
I hope its just a loose switch. I'll report back after I check it this afternoon.

Charlie

Ok guys the results are 13.3 to 13.4 volts when running....

Sooooo I guess all is good on the electrical supply side. Must be a loose wire/switch
or something. I don't think I am going to worry too much about it at this point.

Now I just need to get the darn bushings out of the a-arms.
Is there an easy way of doing this? I have pried, pulled and of course snapped the ends that stick out on the bushings on the first one I have tried.

I am thinking about trying to drill them out if I can find a bit big enough bit in the old toolbox.

I tried to find info by searching the forum but it seems like everyone else's just falls out....lol

I can't be the only nut to have a problem with these can I?

By the way.....I love this forum you guys are great!!!

Charlie

I'll give that a shot this afternoon. I tried to tap them out that way but was hesitant to hit it too hard I guess. Maybe I need to remove the grease fitting!?!? I was thinking it might help somehow.

Charlie

Latest posts

Back