Need some opinions please....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meanjoe

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm new to the forum but have been reading a lot of posts on here. I have a 2003 Warrior and am starting to customize things. I was looking into doing extended a-arms as well as axle. Any idea's on what brands to look for, was size for extensions? I'm not looking to spend a ton of money so keep that in mind. I'm pretty handy, i'm big into Offroading with my truck as well as automotive in general, i'm just starting to veer off into MX stuff. Thanks for the input people, it's appreciated!

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, go on Ebay and find some ASR A-arms. You can get +2" for around $340. Then go to RMATV and get a G-Force axle for $200. You've already spent almost $550 and you haven't even looked at shocks yet, which you'll need. You can get some off the shelf Works from RMATV for somewhere around $350, but the valving will suck. Just giving you an idea of what "cheap" is. You're still looking at spending a grand to do it that way. If you can find decent used parts, you'll be much better off. Good luck...

^^^basicly what he said but about the shock, you can get some good works off ebay from anywhere between 80-120. Just keep an eye out for anything on ebay. Im doing the same.

ASR a-arms are the best deal out there when you're on a tight budget, other than finding a used set somewhere. Good deals on a combo of a-arms and shocks come up in the classifieds section here sometimes. The G-Force axles seem to be the best deal out there at $200, but it can be hit and miss as far as how durable they are. Some guys have beat the heck out of them without any trouble, but the G-force axles still have pretty high rate of bending and breaking compared to other ones. When my stock axle finally gives up i'm getting an RPM dominator. They're a few bucks more than a durablue, but the company has a better reputation for quality and customer service.

For shocks, I wouldn't recommend buying anything used. Mainly for the fact that aftermarket shocks are all set up different depending on rider weight, riding style, and machine setup of the original purchaser. Even if you got a set of used works shocks for 80 bucks on ebay you could end up with something just as bad or worse than stock. Getting a used set re-sprung, revalved, and rebuilt could cost you more total than just buying a new one to begin with. It'll run you about $350 to order a pair of works front shocks valved to your specs, and works even has a guarantee that if you don't like the way the shocks are set up, you have a month or two to return them, and they'll do whatever is necessary to get them set up right for free.

Thanks guys for all the responses. I appreciate the help. I take it from what you all are saying, that if i decide to do the a-arms then i will have to upgrade the shocks at the same time correct? I thought that might have been the case but i wasn't 100% sure. I'm doing these mods at the same time i'm doing a complete overhaul of my truck so i'm trying to figure out what i need to get the stuff done that i want. Damn toys! ;)

no you dont have to do it at the same time but it would be a good idea, most warroraties will not cover any damage to the a-arms if you have stock shocks when somthing happens so most places recommend you do it right after you get the a-arms.

no you dont have to do it at the same time but it would be a good idea, most woranties will not cover any damage to the a-arms if you have stock shocks when somthing happens so most places recommend you do it right after you get the a-arms.

Exactly. When I had my ASRs it said somewhere in the paperwork that if you run stock shocks the warranty will be void. Just a side not about ASR, they're very, very good dealing with any problem you have with their product.

Back