Need some help!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolvyRida

Reaction score
Hello all!! I jus recently bought a rear axle off a really good guy I met on here n I need to get the bearings n seals for the replacement, I bought a kit off of powersportsuperstore.com and they sent me the wrong ones cus their listing was wrong. I'm not working with much of a budget so I was wondering if someone could direct me to a good place for a cheap but still decent set of axle bearings and seals for an 04 wolvy? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time!!

Forwardpowersports.com off ebay. Deal with them for alot of stuff.

I am sendin them back, jus gotta wait for them to email me a shipping label n then I gotta go somewhere to print it out cus I only have a cellphone for internet

Wasn't really able to find what I was lookin for with those, I need the rear axle bearings n seals, preferably cheaper than the $30 everywhere wants for them cus I can't afford that right now but I'm guessin that's the cheapest I'm gonna find them so I'll jus have to wait awhile I suppose lol

Well I jus thru the new (used) axle in to check the fitment real quick and realized that the splines are too worn n it slips the gear which thank god I figured out before I got it in and went to ride and ended up destroying my diff gear which woulda sidelined my quad for quite awhile!! Very thankful for my OCD (I believe lol) making me check everything even before I'm even ready for an install lol Hopefully I can find a machine shop to redo the splines or somethin, and hopefully cheaply if they can!!

Would it be easier and cheaper to have an axle straightened or have the splines redone,I'm guessin that the staightening would be but jus wondering if anyone has had either done and has some knowledge on this!!

Hi, Its been a while since I have posted. Been there as my diiff seals/bearings were bad and had milk in the diff when I purchased it. Tore down only to find the axle splines were rusted & worn when meshed to ring splines. Thought the same as you for machine shop to cut new splines but that was wayyyyy to much$$. Bite the bullit and get a new axle. Never had any experiance with a shop bending axles. Hate to put new bearings against a bent or not true axle as you know how long new bearings will last in that enviroment. Also tore the diff apart and cleaned real well with new seals and bearings. Now I dont worry.

Yeah I figured it would be pretty expensive to get the splines redone. A guy at a quad shop where I picked up the one seal I needed told me that this one machine shop that he knos could prolly straighten it, will jus have to go there n ask n go from there I suppose. Its not bent that bad at all really, jus havin problems keepin brake pads back there cus of the slight wobble which isn't nearly as bad after replacing the rotor which was bent on top of the axle so it was wobblin pretty good before. I'm months away from bein able to afford a new axle so that's why I'm tryin to figure somethin cheaper out lol

Back