Need some help with the drive chain on 87

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trey

Reaction score
Ok my 87 warrior has a chain stretched to its max im sure. The tensioner is fully extended and there is way to much slack. I noticed my lower chain roller is pretty chewed up and the chain runs underneath it. That doesnt look right to me. Is it suppose to be above or below the lower roller? I pulled the the chain off completely already because i have a new one on order. 520x100 link o-ring. < Is that the right one for 87-88 warriors? Sorry if this has been mentioned already somewhere. I searched for it but no luck. Also is the chain roller really even nessesary? The mount for it is bent upward some and i tryed to bend it back without a lot happening. If i dont need it though, can i just cut the whole thing off? Please help me out here. Thanks.

My lower chain roller disappeared during a ride one day. Never worried about it after that. I put a new top one on because I had one kicking around.LOL I believe I ordered a 520x120 link chain and had to cut some off. Not sure if it was 20 links though.

Did the chain go above or below the lower roller?

anyone? my chain just got here and im ready to get this going. Above or below the lower roller?

Alright cool. I got impatient and put it on that way. Thanks for the clarification.

Latest posts

Back