need shock suggestions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05raptor350se

Reaction score
well im thinkin about widening my quad... i want to get the eliminator axle and asr +2 a-arms.... but im having trouble picking out front shocks... i know elkas would be the best choice but im only 16 and dont make that kind of money... i was lookin at works and they seem to be a good price... but could i get some other suggestions of front shocks that arent as pricey as elkas

thanks

You can always just buy the standard elkas with no rezzies and then install them down the road when you get the cash, that would be a wiser investment than a set of works. They are only a little more than the works if you only get the rec series.

I would get works tripple rates if u dont think ur up for spending so much money on elkas. I would also go +3 on the A-Arms!

if youre gonna do it do it right. if youre serious about this quad and are going to keep it for a while as youre primary bike then get the elkas and add rezzies later on. not that the works arent good shocks but it all depends on how youre are going to use the bike.

if your going to spend that much on the other things then pay the extra 100 bucks and get one of the best. ive only heard that the elkas were worth it so not to offend any works owners but they are just better. alot of guys on z central had works then got elkas and said the difference was amazing.

Yeah but the thing is he doesn’t know if hes going to spend that much on the suspension EVER - works are better then stock and a better alternative to Elka recreationals providing that he doesn’t want to spend the extra few hundred later to get rezzies.

works doul rate shocks are good shocks just as good as elkas i have dual reat with rezies and they to me are just as good on hte track as elkas and as for jumping both are relly good but in your case i would just get works and add rezzies later cheap and they work great

well thanks for the advice im gonna look around more and look into the elkas... what kind of money are we talkin on the recreational elkas without rezzies? Then how much would it be later to add them?

thanks

Back