need people to prove im right

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedped79

Reaction score
ok today my dad( retard who thinks he knows it all and always crashes) broke a tie rod end while driving into my yard.he immediately blames me doing wheelies like usual. but get this earlier today him and my cousin a combined weight of at least 450lbs were just riding in the woods which is very rutted. i say he did it which he did last time due to him riding into a rut like a moron.
so who is right him or me? what caused it me doing wheelies o9r him and my cousin riding through the rutted woods and my dad hitting trees? he said if i get at least 20 people saying its his fault he,ll buy new ones

Its his fault... Unless u hit super super hard which i still dont think it will do it... then maybe but i would have to say it was ur dads fault...

yah i dont usually hit hard plus im only 140lbs so its not like im alot of weight on the quad

Normal wear and tear, look at it this way, you could need a frame, a arms, shocks, and a tierod like me haha.

I Really don't see how doing a wheelie would mess with anything on the tie rods at all, since they only have input onto the steering, and have nothing to do with suspension. If wheelies could mess up a tie rod, why don't they pop like an over filled balloon while jumping? Want to know why they don't? I'll tell you, they don't have anything to do with the way or the amount that the suspension travels, that's why they have ball or heim joints so they can move unrestricted while allowing the suspension to do it's work.
I don't know why your dad said if 20 people say so he'll cough up the dough. Shouldn't it go by the caliber of the persons' word who says it? Well congrats pops, I believe I have just stated why you should break the bank and buy the new tie rod/tie rod ends. I know exactly what it takes to beak them, since just me dicking around in my local trails (all very rutted out) I have gone through 3 tie rod ends and one tie rod in just over a month. And I know exactly what I did to cause them to pop (a wheel turned into the side of a rut will wrench the thread on your tie rod until it snaps) Now I have some preventative measures I'm going to take such as buying 1/2'' tie rod ends, instead of the factory ones...
So once again, I know from experience that ruts will destroy more tie rod/tie rod ends than a wheelie will. Be safe, and good luck.
~Bill
p.s. ohh and I'm 215 lbs, and I have no problems with mine while wheelie'ing.

I only broke a tie rod end once, and guess what? It was from the wheel getting caught in a rut!

nm its tooken care of im 6,2 hes 5,11 he just weighs a lil more but we settled it old skool style lol

You should have made this a poll to keep track of the 20 person quota...lol. I say dad's fault as well!

Have him come and ride mine...then i can get some new ones for free..lol

Honestly..Its a rut thing!!

Pay up daddy-O

It was the rutted out trails that must of broke/damaged it. Have your dad buy a aftermarket set for both sides so they don't break again while either is riding. ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back