Need help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drtfn

Reaction score
I have been thinking about painting my warrior just not for sure what color to paint the frame. It has blue plastic on it.
DSCF0030.jpg

Well here is a picture of mine i just got it finished. Its metallic black frame and true blue swing arm and a arms. And its all really dirty i need to get another picture of it when its clean.

IMG_3011.jpg

I thought about painting it red or a blue but I'm not sure what I want to do right now.

I have a can of automotive spray paint in the garage that is a blue metallic. It's got metal flakes in it. I thought that might be cool. I had bought the can when I was painting the rc model chevelle ss about 10 yrs ago. It pretty cool I just don't know how it would hold up.

I was going to have the frame sand blasted. A guy at the race track we race at is friends with this guy and I'm going to see what it would cost to do it. Or else I'm to get a portable sand blaster from harbor freight and do it myself. Most likely that whats I'm going to do.

Ya I would use a sand blaster , and I would have but I don't have one or have the money to have someone do it for me lol. I sat there with A TON of sand paper sanding mine for like 3 hours and thats just the frame not including the a arms and swing arm.

Nah, unless the paint on there is in really bad shape it's actually better to leave it there and just sand it enough to make the primer stick to it. The factory paint is baked on, it's going to adhere to the frame much better than any kind of rattle can spray paint you can get. I wouldn't use the can of paint that's been sitting in your garage for 10 years, most likely it's all clumped up and clogged, and if not you're still going to need a lot more than 1 can to paint a whole frame. It's just better to buy all new paint, that way you know it's good, and it will match. Metallic automotive paints tend to be very thin, meaning it will take 3 or 4 light coats to get it smooth and consistent without any of the basecoat showing through, then let it set for a couple days and follow up with several coats of good automotive primer, not $1 can bargain bin ****.

I wasn't going to use that can, I thought of something just like it. I saw the color of one of the other members, I believe someone said it was suzuki blue I think. It's either that or red, I want something different than want I got. I was thinking a dark red or something.

Back