need help with the jets

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warbee

Reaction score
Hi,I just had my head bored 1mm over ,its running a white bros e series and a white racing foam oiled air filter, I just broke down the carb and it has a 150 main and a 45 on the smaller jet, I purchased a carb rebuild that came with stock size jets and needle , how should I set up this carb for safest break in?This is my first 4 stroke build ,I've done a few blasters ,they are so much easier!!I live and ride near st.louis ,mo if that makes a diff. I just dont want to damage the new topend .when I bought this bike it rode strong but smoked bad at all stages ,so I bought valve seals and a piston ,but never really new it was jetted properly it was already bored .5 over before I broke it down....thanks,J

put the 150 and 45 in the carb, just clean them you will damage it more if it's too lean, that factory jets are too lean for the modds you have. The jets that are in it is great starting point

yeh, rather be rich then lean. But the 150:45 might work out just perfect for yah. If anything you might even try 147.5:45, needle clip in the middle.

Thanks for the input and at 150 and 45 where should the needle clip be set? 2nd from top?

Back