Need help with a few minor things please...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGL381

Reaction score
Hey friends...i bought this "supost to be in great shape" Warrior about 6 weeks ago and she has been fighting me ever since. After a new battery, stator,carb re-build and some rewiring ,due to previous owners butchering, shes finally starting and running decent...but...some annoying small stuff still needs to be fixed. Neutral extremely hard to find while running, not running its right there..., virtually impossible to come out of reverse while running, not running its easy...and speaking of reverse, it moves in reverse with the clutch dis-engaged. I have adjusted the clutch cable but it didnt help...does the reverse linkage need adjusting or ???.....any help with these issues will be greatly appreciated...

Hey friends...i bought this "supost to be in great shape" Warrior about 6 weeks ago and she has been fighting me ever since. After a new battery, stator,carb re-build and some rewiring ,due to previous owners butchering, shes finally starting and running decent...but...some annoying small stuff still needs to be fixed. Neutral extremely hard to find while running, not running its right there..., virtually impossible to come out of reverse while running, not running its easy...and speaking of reverse, it moves in reverse with the clutch dis-engaged. I have adjusted the clutch cable but it didnt help...does the reverse linkage need adjusting or ???.....any help with these issues will be greatly appreciated...

Yes reverse linkage is adjustable, invest in a yz250f shifter, raptor 350 clutch pull setup. Should be good after that.

Ive rode a few bikes that it seemed like you couldent find neutral if your life depended on it and the trick i learned is to hold in the clutch put your right foot on the front tire and roll it back and forth while trying to catch neutral. Always works for me not sure if that helps though :beat:

Back