NEED HELP! stock rear shock adjustment?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkingraptor350x

Reaction score
I am trying to get the most out of my stock shocks so i dont have to spend a ton of money trying to improve my suspension. I am 125 lbs and the stock setting is way to stiff for my weight. (at least im hoping thats what it is) But any ways im trying to loosing up my back shock because when i hit a bump semi hard my back end comes flying off the ground and so im hoping by loosing the back shcok it will help fix this problem. now i know that to loosen the spring you can spin the nut type deal but what does the allen key bolt do on the gas chamber? will this help loosen the pressure in the gas chamber? here is a pic of what i mean
20110032599.jpg

yamiriderx-30201100256.jpg

need help ASAP as it is apart in my drive way now!

well i found out for myself... dont do it unless you know what ur doing! the oil in the gas chamber started spraying out and in the process of screwing it back in a o ring broke so now i dont have the oring that should be in there

Yeah.. not a smart move. ****. You'll have to send your shock in to get re charged. You want less preload so all you would do is adjust the spring tension on the shock then set the compression lighter.

Back