Need Help Installing Raptor Shocks on Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hostilekid

Reaction score
I am trying to install a pair of raptor front shocks on my warrior but they are a bit longer and i cant get the bolt through. Does anyone know a way to compress these or a way to get the holes to line up? Thanks.

buy a spring compressor!!!!

or just dont use them cause you are utting your self at risk stressing the ball joints like that

If you look for it there is a small depression on the frame behind the top mount.Take a huge flat screwdriver and use it to pry down the shock(mount the bottom first loosely)then tap it in.

ive done this b4 and if ue on stock a-arms your wasting ure time, they r way 2 stiff and i weigh in over 200.

I have a set of rappy shocks on mine and they work great. However, i did drill new holes slight higher and inward a bit, then cut the excess metal tabs off. They now fit without any compression on them.

i used a big bar and compressed it enoguh to get the shock in..

That, my friend, sounds like a recipe for disaster. If you have to force a shock, it doesn't belong where you're trying to put it. The way the front suspension is supposed to work, is that the a-arms have more travel than the shock allows, and the shock is short enough that it stops the front suspension from dropping before the ball joints reach their travel limit. With a shock that's too long, IE raptor shock, the ball joints are what catch the suspension when it drops out. So each time your front suspension stretches out, like when going over a dropoff, wheelying, jumping, etc., your ball joints bind up and the shock's spring puts pressure on them. If you understand this, you should understand that a ball joint can only last so long when it's being abused like this. They can, do, and WILL wear out very rapidly, and/or snap at a very inconvenient moment, like when leaving the lip of a jump. There's not going to be a happy ending when you land a jump and your a-arm and frame digs in because the joint popped out or snapped.

Back