need carb help bad!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler

Reaction score
hey ive got a 2001 warrior with stock carb it idels just fine but when i give it gas is bogs down really bad and wont accelerate but will stay running what do i need to do i cant figure it out!

Sounds like the parking brake rev limiter is stuck. There is a sensor/switch on the clutch perch that is intended to keep someone from riding with their parking brake on, and if there is some slack in the parking brake cable it will take pressure off that sensor, which just sets a rev limited right above idle. It's a common problem with warriors.

Here's what you need to do to disconnect/bypass this switch and keep this from happening again:

- Take the hood off the warrior, (and of course the headlights, if you have them).
- Follow the small black wires from the clutch perch down to where they run under the hood and plug into the wiring harness. There will be 2 seperate wire pairs
- One of these black wire pairs will have a single plastic connector, the other will have 2 spade terminals. Unplug the one with the single white plastic connector. You can leave the other wires alone, those are for the clutch sensor.

Fire it up, and give it a try. Hopefully that's all the problem is.

I see you have a supertrap on there...you will need to jet the bike in order for it to run right......your high speed jet is most likely a little gummed up....take carb apart and clean out and stick it back on....

dang that was an easy fix yamarider cuz i did take the parking brake off all i did was put that part back on that goes on the handle bars and runs just like it did b4 thanks!

Latest posts

Back