Need baffle removal help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

db

Reaction score
There is something rattling around inside the stock exhaust I just picked up, so I want to pull the baffle out and it doesn't seem to want to come out.

I removed the screw and knocked on the lip with a screw driver, but the lip just bent. Do I need to heat/cool it?

spray Pb blaster on it and let the exhaust get hot and spray it a couple of more times and it should come out just fine.

Thanks.

That's what I figured it would be, but knowing the way things end up going, I would have done that and there would have been spot welds.

Nah they just stick in there really good after a few years of carbon and rust get in it. Mine was really stubborn because the exhaust was a little dented from somebody crashing into me, but I had to clamp a pair of vice grips right on the edge of the baffle and tap it with a hammer, and work my way around it a few times before it loosened up enough to come out.

Ya tell us what it is inside there because my stock exhaust has something rattling around inside it also.

I had a rattle inside of mine also Tyler. When I got my Warrior, the guy told me that when he got it, it had no exhaust, so He went to the junkyard and got one. Well, it didn't have a baffle in it, so I knew it wasn't that. After cutting into the muffler with the jigsaw I found a piece of metal mesh about 4x2'' but it was bent at 90 degrees. The piece was on the inside half of the muffler (on the inside when bolted up on the quad). If you cut into it, keep in mind that there is a chamber wall about in the middle of the muffler. I think you can see the tack welds for this wall from the outside. The piece was rattling in the area in front of the wall. Then I just beat the outside back flush and welded it up.

Ya I am not even running stock exhaust but I was still wondering what it was rattling around inside there on my stock pipe

Latest posts

Back