Need a Hub

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohyeahfriday

Reaction score
So, one way or another, the previous owner of this machine destroyed a hub. Splines are pretty well rounded down smooth. :roll: Now I need to replace it, and was wondering if anybody knew off hand how similar it would be to some other machines. I will compare it to my 450 when I go to PA this weekend, but until then figured I would ask about any other machines. Hoping to find one on Ebay, or similar for less than the stealership would want...

Thanks if ya can help at all,

Pat

Check the splines on the axle too. Hopefully, the previous owner didn't trash that as well.

Sounds like they didn't torque the hub nut down all the way.

Well, I switched the good hub onto the "bad" side, and it does still grab, but you can definitely feel some slip to it. That is why I am now looking into grabbing the full axle and hub all at once. Just because replacing the hub will work, doesn't mean it is the best solution...

I think I found the hub/axle at a local shop, he said $130 for both. Much cheaper than the axle on Ebay for like 225 :shock:

SO, to update this...

I got the axe from the local place, checked end splines, good shape. Went home, got to looking at it more, hmmm center (drive) splines don't look great. Turns out, no big deal. I just scored a Durablue axle for $130 with a good hub on the end of it. The shop did all the paperwork to get a replacement through the lifetime guarantee :D

Brand new one should be here late this week, then I have to wait for ne seals/o-ring to install and I may be able to ride this thing again. 8)

Back