My z400 and buddy's banshee ready for the drags.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98warrior

Reaction score
My baby with a ratchet strap on the front to help keep her down.
Picture2155.jpg

Buddy's banshee, with the new "pimp" seat cover lol.
Picture2156.jpg

Picture2157.jpg

Dont have to say it, he has no helmet on in this pic.
Picture2152.jpg

Me and brad live a few minutes away from each other and have our own drag strip that we till up every week or so with a tractor. Taking the z to the drag races the end of this month and brad is hoping to take home another 1st place trophy. He got 1st last time, 2nd before that and 1st the time before that. His banshee rips, suppose to be getting new carbs soon and start running alchy.

Heres a vid of the shee, but just remember he's running wore out holeshot gncc's in this vid, spins way too much than what it should. He runs paddles at the drags. Oh and not sure if you can tell but theres some nasty bumps at the slow down end of the track.

[quote:hbmhfvz1]Hmm liked the pics especially the one with the guy jumping the blaster with no helmet and shorts... :) I'm sorry it's the old age in me coming out... :)

Ya, I agree. Just gives our sport a bad name.[/quote:hbmhfvz1]

j/k man. im just bust'n balls
thats a cool drag strip, it's nice to have a practice track in someones backyard :)

[quote:dd7jh4cp]

Ya, I agree. Just gives our sport a bad name.

j/k man. im just bust'n balls
thats a cool drag strip, it's nice to have a practice track in someones backyard :)
[/quote:dd7jh4cp]

Hey fair game. I told his dumbass to get a helmet on or I would'nt take any more action pics, well theres only one action pic. Thinks he only needs it when he' s at the race...

looks like fun... i wish there were more drags around where i live... what all is done to his banshee... and where did he get his wheelie bar... or did he make it...

That z whoops the banshee right? lol

I usually give him about 5 quad lengths and then let off towards the end so he does'nt feel bad lol :p Oh and jigolbeep he had the wheely bar made, all he done was buy the parts which came to about 35 bucks and had someone fab it up. I'm not completely sure of all the mods but I know that it has bills pipes/no lid, port and polish, a hemi-head. All kinds of stuff I dont know what all else it has. After this last race he said he's gona set it up for alchy and get a 421 cub motor so then it should do everything but take off and fly away.

The guys in our group that drags made struts out of flat iron so they dont have to strap their front coils. Might want to look into making some if your going to drag more, easy to make and easy to swap out. here are some pics of the ones our group founder made for his quad.
they lowered it 2 inches in the front and about 3-4 inches in the back
strut1qx3.jpg

strut2dl4.jpg

strut3gw8.jpg

Yeah 2k I've seen a lot of people at the drags have just iron or steel struts like that. He's talked about it but theres only one more race this season so that will probably wait till next season.

The klaws kick ass, they get crazy traction everywhere I've had them which is soft loose stuff, mud, ruts, roots, and some really rocky terrain. Although I have had a problem after going through some tight woods riding somehow getting bark in between the wheel and the tire which causes it to leak air, only happened a few times but had to stop and shove the tire in while scraping out the bark. Oh and update on the drags, I got my ass kicked in the 0-400 and 0-450 class and brad took 3rd on the banshee. Was the last race of the season and next year I plan on going to every race and taking it serious, I was'nt prepared for this race at all. I'm gona make some aluminum front struts, have a wheely bar made, get a lowering kit, some type of paddle tires, new carb/more opened up intake, lower gearing for sure and some other various things. But next season is a while away so I'm just gona get stuff a little at a time.

Man I love drag racing!!! Looks like tons of fun! Someday I'll own some land and when I do first thing ups will be some sort of track...

Drag racing is awesome, I love it. I have a ton of pics from the drag race but takes forever to upload pics because of this damn dial up. There was a ton of insanely fast banshees and some crazy hybrids. One of which had a 750 gixxer motor and it hauled but could'nt beat like this banshee that had like a 635 cheetah, 14 mill motor.

how did you guys do at the drags.... post em up... :cool: do u have any other pics of the way his wheely bar is mounted to the swing arm???

I dont have any close up pics of how the wheel bar is mounted but I sure can get some for ya. Its not the quickest set up for adjusting but as long as your not changing the size of the back tires a lot then it works good. As far as pics go I'll upload a few. Only have a few pics of myself because my mom is absolutely horrible with a camera... I got shafted big time lol... I raced the 0-450 class and 0-400 class. There was a silver "400"ex in the 0-450 class and took second place running 5.2 seconds through 300ft. So I figured well hell that guy has got a 426 or a 440 big bore kit...Well guess what other class he was in? The 0-400 cc class too, but he sand bagged and was running 5.5's this time...I guarantee you it wont be like this next year. I just bought an edelbrock quicksilver carb and pro-design intake. My neighbor is making me a wheely bar and a full lowering kit. I'm also gona get some pro-wedge tires, and cams by next season. Brad took 3rd place on the shee. He was geared for 20in tires and some guy he knew at the race gave him a set of 22 in. paddles that grab better traction but being geared higher kept him from winning.

Back