My Warrior Smokes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGarandGuy

Reaction score
So we kinda rebuilt my Warrior on a tight budget. Reused the piston, didn't bore or hone the cylinder, etc. It smokes very badly with the choke on and burns through oil pretty quickly. The guy that rebuilt it put new valve seals in, and it still smokes. He said he doesn't think it's a problem with the head, but more likely that the cylinder has been worn into kind of an oval shape. Any opinions? I'm thinking about instead of taking it easy, just riding it like I would anything else until it just grenades itself and then either rebuilding it from there or ordering a big bore kit and doing some porting and polishing on the head.

If it smokes continuously while running, your rings are not sealing well against your cylinder. If you didn't measure and bore/hone the cylinder as needed, that's going to happen.

Well I didn't have the money to dump into it and I still don't, so I guess it will be ridden until it grenades and I'll strip it to the frame and do a full rebuild.

Back