My warrior HATES cold weather

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warriorfreak99

Reaction score
I've been having a hard time with the bike during this cold weather, it doesnt want to start without a jump and even then it turns over slow, and no its not the starter clutch, anybody have any tips to make the most of it this time of yr?

Isn't that a little too thick for below freezing temps? I'm thinking 5w-30? Correct me if I'm wrong though guys my 10w-30 works right at around freezing for me.

Yeah you should be running 10W-30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run 10w40 it -1 today and mine starts fine. Maybe the starters starting to get weak. Try lighter oil.

Its called cold cranking amps which atvs batteries don't have much of your battery prob is a little week and the cold will make it worse.

Lol yea my gfs and daughters turn over fine mines a little slow I'm do for a new battery.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't run 5/30. Winter or not, that is too thin and will burn off. I've always run 10/40 year round in my Hondas, and in the winter on my Warrior. Have never had any issues with cranking, other then the typical battery struggling to crank a cold engine in the cold.

Mine loves the cold weather. Starts right up in -18°

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

I was say I dont think its an oil issue!!! I run Rotella 15w40 in, main reason being is I use the same oil in the truck so I just buy a couple quarts more when the quads due for change. And yes I have started it in below freezing temps and she didnt skip a beat.

I thought you had to run oil that's made to work with a wet clutch or am I believing false info??

Yea I run rotella 15w40. No issues. It's non energy conserving so no issues with clutch.

Back