my system

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
both of them sound like **** with that rap **** you need to listen to bands like nickleback, shinedown, van halen gunz n roses rock

both of them sound like **** with that rap **** you need to listen to bands like nickleback, shinedown, van halen gunz n roses rock

haha i listen to all of that too calm down...

That isn't a system. HAHA...jk

This is a video I made of my co-wokers truck. 2 18'' solo barix X subs with 2 5,000 watt amps on each 18'' sub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmy13ooGneo

thats pretty nice...right now tho im tryin to sell the system i have and maybe gettin one fi bl 15 with a rockford 1501bd - that amp puts out about 2k watts rms and thas only at 2 ohms...

I am currently running a pioneer headunit 50x4 mosfet 22rms. Feeds 2 pioneer REV series 6 1/2" speakers. And i have one cheap 300 watt 10"sub. Since my truck is a single cab this is more than enough sound haha.

In my dads truck i installed another better (better meaning not more powerful butmore features) pioneer headunit with 4 rockford fosgate 6x8". They both sound amazing compared to stock.

The funny part about my headunit is that it was just about the cheapest headunit they had..and yet its the most powerful. Most other... even the higher rated ones like 52wattsx4 only have about 17-20 rms. Not that i really know what that means.. but im pretty sure thats the steady power that the headunit puts out and 52 being the max.

Anyone care to eleborate on the benefits of porting my sub box? Right now its non ported if i ported it what would the diffrence in sound be?

mower, linkin park, disterbed, system of a down, avenged sevenfold, rage against the machine, mudvayne, there all also very good stuff you all should be listening to.

IMPO shinedown, nickelback, and avenged sevenfold all suck. Specifically shinedown....

I reccomend unearth, lamb of god, between the buried and me, killswitch engage(anything but the new album), bleeding through.

Bleeding through really pushes my system to its max.

Anyone care to eleborate on the benefits of porting my sub box? Right now its non ported if i ported it what would the diffrence in sound be?

Porting the box will give you louder looser bass, It take less power to run a ported sub then one in a sealed box. Sealed boxes have tighter, cleaner bass. if you port, make sure you just dont cut a hole in it and call it good cause it will sound like ****. you need to buy, or make the plastic port with tube going into the inside of the box. the length of the tube on the inside of the box helps tune the sound.

[quote:lgxe4ny6]both of them sound like **** with that rap **** you need to listen to bands like nickleback, shinedown, van halen gunz n roses rock

mower, linkin park, disterbed, system of a down, avenged sevenfold, rage against the machine, mudvayne, there all also very good stuff you all should be listening to. [/quote:lgxe4ny6]

Music is all opinion. Just because you don't like rap deosn't mean nobody else cant like rap. You shouldn't go around telling people what music to listen too, maybe they think that your music sucks and sounds like ****.

[quote:g777zuyw]

mower, linkin park, disterbed, system of a down, avenged sevenfold, rage against the machine, mudvayne, there all also very good stuff you all should be listening to.

Music is all opinion. Just because you don't like rap deosn't mean nobody else cant like rap. You shouldn't go around telling people what music to listen too, maybe they think that your music sucks and sounds like ****.[/quote:g777zuyw]

Umm yeah, i agree, NOBODY should listen to rap! :p hahahaha jkjk, just messin. I know what you mean, i hate when people tell me what i like sucks.

Iv got a reg cab S-10 with a Power Acoustik 460 watt amp and a Power Acoustik 10"sub it really thumps in a reg cab.

Interesting. Looks like you can do a lot if you have room.

In my dinky ass Ranger, I sacrificed my extended cab to create a fun system. Running an MTX 3401 400w amp to an Infinity reference 1040 10" sub (not loud but damn is it crisp ;D) An MTX 3404 400w 4 channel amp to MTX 6x8 in the rears and 5.25 seperate components up front. Have a Tsunami 2 farad capacitor (call it the flux capacitor, didn't really need it but was planning on upgrading my system in the future with more power). HAve Tsunami wiring all the way around. Put an x-box in there and have everything running to a Dual XDVD8183 dvd player with flip out screen. I-pod and Blue Tooth connected as well. Had a Jensen head unit but it crapped out and thank goodness for the extended warranty (allowed me to get a better unit).

Not the greatest system but sounds clean, which is what I really want anyway.

As for music it's all good, but you just need to look around to find anything worth listening to. I personally don't like most rap that they play on the radio, which is why I stick to underground. You should check out Eyedea, Atmosphere, Deepspace5, and the Micranots. But I still love metal: Corrosion of Conformity, Megadeth, Lamb of God, Shockwave. Like I said just keep looking around; good stuff can be found.

I am currently listening to Clutch, Fu Manchu, Faith No More, COC, Rage, Tool, Helmet (older stuff), Primus, Barkmarket, Coal Chamber, Ministry, Butthole Surfers, QOTSA, to name some. I need some new stuff, but all of those sound good on my system and I am just not in to most of the new stuff out right now.

[quote:e9x1sul1]Anyone care to eleborate on the benefits of porting my sub box? Right now its non ported if i ported it what would the diffrence in sound be?

Porting the box will give you louder looser bass, It take less power to run a ported sub then one in a sealed box. Sealed boxes have tighter, cleaner bass. if you port, make sure you just dont cut a hole in it and call it good cause it will sound like ****. you need to buy, or make the plastic port with tube going into the inside of the box. the length of the tube on the inside of the box helps tune the sound.[/quote:e9x1sul1]

The best way to make a port is actually to build a slot port right into your box. That way you can download a program that tells you how big and deep to make the port, WINSID I think, to make it sound best for what frequency you want.

I have 2 Alpine Type S 10 incher under my back seat, pushed by a Pioneer PRS-5000SPL amp. They're being over driven, but man do they hit way better with that 75 watts over. I have a Pioneer deck to, can't remember the model number. I am saving up for some new door and pillar speakers, and they're gonna get run by a Alpine PDX amp, just don't know what one yet.

Heres my subs:
P1010237-7.jpg

In this truck:
P1010242-3.jpg

cc1.jpg

Truck looks way different now,I shaved the trim and took off the fender trim and mudflaps. Looks real clean now.

RMS is the average wattage that your system will use, that is over simplified but I don't know what it actually is :p

Blackstone Cherry, AC/DC, Papa Roach, Lil Jon, Korn, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and Stevie Wonder sound real nice in my truck.

Iv got a reg cab S-10 with a Power Acoustik 460 watt amp and a Power Acoustik 10"sub it really thumps in a reg cab.

are those the ones they sell at wal-mart?
oh wait, you must be that guy that was pissed at me at that stop-light, cuz he couldnt hear his own music over my kenwood-jl connection, hahahahahahah just messin all in good fun

Latest posts

Back