my oil cooler and skids

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorspeed350

Reaction score
i have all of my skids except the rear one is on the way

i got my oil cooler all hooked up after having the trouble not getting the spacer so it will be tested out tomarrow, we are leaving early and riding most of the day

i think that was a hint, but right now there is no oil cooler after the lines burst 3 times (thank god i had extra hoze) at this point i had no oil so a ten minute ride to the quarry (riding area) and my bro went to the store and got more oil and eletrical tape, we wrapped the last bit of hoze we had 2 times with eletrical taking out the kinks and stuff and by 10:30-11:00 i was ready to ride without an oil cooler so now it is time for hydrolic lines or steel braded lines

What kind of lines were you using? Because i'm just using cheap transmission oil line from advance auto that you buy by the foot, and it works fine. There's no reason the oil lines should 'burst' when everything is connected right, unless your "oil lines" are made for fish aquarium pumps or something and not really meant for oil.

[quote:eek:uemjai1]o look what do u know... the damn pics dont work

Uhh, he didnt post pics![/quote:eek:uemjai1]

ooooo hahahaha lol well that space in the middle there looks like there should be a pic there ( From what i saw with pelphrey and WS ) lol

You should really look over your installation again. Make sure the oil filter is in the right direction, and that all the parts of the big bear adapter are installed correctly (like the valve that's built into it). One of my lines i'm using was the line that came with the cooler, and the other one was the one from advance. The one that came with the cooler seemed to be a little smaller in outside diameter, but my oil lines don't even expand the slightest bit when the engine is running, so I think you have a problem with the oil not flowing through them properly (something like a clog). We're not dealing with a lot of pressure here, i think it's like 20 psi at the most, not nearly enough to blow up a rubber oil line of this size. Maybe with a stronger line it won't burst, but that still doesn't mean that oil is flowing through it. By the time you realize that oil isn't flowing properly, it's probably going to be too late and damage will be done.

You should edit the title of this thread to:

"My Trail Oiler and Skids"

;D ;D ;D

You should really look over your installation again. Make sure the oil filter is in the right direction, and that all the parts of the big bear adapter are installed correctly (like the valve that's built into it). One of my lines i'm using was the line that came with the cooler, and the other one was the one from advance. The one that came with the cooler seemed to be a little smaller in outside diameter, but my oil lines don't even expand the slightest bit when the engine is running, so I think you have a problem with the oil not flowing through them properly (something like a clog). We're not dealing with a lot of pressure here, i think it's like 20 psi at the most, not nearly enough to blow up a rubber oil line of this size. Maybe with a stronger line it won't burst, but that still doesn't mean that oil is flowing through it. By the time you realize that oil isn't flowing properly, it's probably going to be too late and damage will be done.

i know the oil filter is in right and the things line up on the adapter, there was like nothing to those lines, they are really skinny and flimsy and we doubted they would hold oil but know we know, and oil was pumping pretty good cause it was coming out reallly good :eek: all i hear is vince screaming behind me HEY! and i look down and bug blue cloud of smoke and oil pouring all over the place

Well, atleast your skidplate go's out tonight or tomorrow morning. Shall be there Friday or Monday.

Back