My new ride

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97warriorrider

Reaction score
well i found this 1999 400ex on exriders . It was 1500 bucks. The valves need to be adjusted and it needs brakes all the way around. It needed front wheel bearings but they guy already had the bearings but just didnt put them in. I havent really gotten to ride it yet because of the valves. maybe like 10 minutes tops.its pretty clean though. the frame and a arms are missing alot of paint but im thinking about powder coating it this winter. and these pics are from the ad on exriders i havent gotten my own pics yet. but it sits in my garage.
clean5.jpg

clean2.jpg

clean1.jpg

good choice with the honda! ;D it looks good! i think you'll be impressed with the build quality and performance compared to the warrior, i know i was. theres a 440ex on exriders for $2200 that im seriously thinking about buying.... the 250r just doesnt really suit my riding style. here it is...............
ecfb_1.jpg

ec7e_1.jpg

yeah thats a nice ex..I wanted something newer but for 1500 i couldnt let it go. I know alot of people with 400ex and they never have a problem with them and they put them through hell..they race XC which is what i will be doing when i turn 16 in 3 weeks

yeah hondas can go through hell and back, get some different tires on that thing though. but overall, i think you got a pretty good deal on the thing. it looks real clean for a 99.

thanks man..yeah the valves need to be adjusted badly and its been raining since sunday here..I live on a dirt road..got it out the garage to do took it like half mile total on the road and got covered becuase of the gay cut fenders..I like the looks of the race better over stock look but i dont like it when riding

Welcome to the 400 family ;D haha. I finally got my z all fixed and got to actually ride it! Now get the bearings/brakes fixed, then tires then a full curtis sparks exhaust :p Looks nice and trust me your not gona stay clean on these things, my z's fenders are'nt cut and it flings mud way worse than the warrior. You'll probably end up finding more things wrong with it though, thats usually how it goes.

yeah..I hate these fenders already..o well..but i stripped it down today and went over everthing..didnt really find anything besides how much the paint came off the frame..possible PC this winter though..

Omg i want a 400ex soo bad. Ive always wanted one i thing they are bad ass. When i sell my warrior if i ever do which i will only do if i dont get a stroker im going to get a 400ex with a 440 kit or a 2006 450r if i can find a deal on one.

O by the way thats an outstanding price for one. My friend traded his 400ex stock into a shop with a blown engine and got 1500 for it.

Congrats on the 400ex! Just remember they are very light in the front. When I drag my girls 400 at the dunes I pull the front up in every gear up to 4th, and that leaning over the bars. When you get an exhaust, get the full exhaust. Slip ons are worthless on these cause the stock head pipe is crap. If you do just a slip on, take the head pipe off and attack the inside of the pipes where they connect to the head with a pencil grinder and grind down the welds. That will help, the welds inside look like a fricken mountain range and cause some restriction. The good thing about the 400's is it takes all of 5 minutes to adjust the valves.

Omg i want a 400ex soo bad. Ive always wanted one i thing they are bad ass. When i sell my warrior if i ever do which i will only do if i dont get a stroker im going to get a 400ex with a 440 kit or a 2006 450r if i can find a deal on one.

O by the way thats an outstanding price for one. My friend traded his 400ex stock into a shop with a blown engine and got 1500 for it.
Dont put all that ******* money into your warrior and you could have 1 easily..

Congrats on the 400ex! Just remember they are very light in the front. When I drag my girls 400 at the dunes I pull the front up in every gear up to 4th, and that leaning over the bars. When you get an exhaust, get the full exhaust. Slip ons are worthless on these cause the stock head pipe is crap. If you do just a slip on, take the head pipe off and attack the inside of the pipes where they connect to the head with a pencil grinder and grind down the welds. That will help, the welds inside look like a fricken mountain range and cause some restriction. The good thing about the 400's is it takes all of 5 minutes to adjust the valves.
Yeah im gunna get the HMF ballance series with the FMF powerbomb header

[quote:7sffa9om]Omg i want a 400ex soo bad. Ive always wanted one i thing they are bad ass. When i sell my warrior if i ever do which i will only do if i dont get a stroker im going to get a 400ex with a 440 kit or a 2006 450r if i can find a deal on one.

Dont put all that ******* money into your warrior and you could have 1 easily..[/quote:7sffa9om]

Right on 97, I was about to get a stroker in the old yammi but found out that all the money I'm dumping in it I could get a nice z and have some $ left over ;D Gona be rockin a full sparks this saturday.

O i would rather have my warrior before i have a stock 400ex. I dont think anybody realizes ive made my warrior from the frame up. It was nothing, and i built it up. I really havent put that much money into it because everything is used that i bought. If it was ll brand new i would would of put well over 3000 into it but ive probly put only 1500 into it that includes everything from the ground up.

I mean i love the 400ex i wish i had one but i love my warrior. If i ever upgrade it will be an already pimped out 400ex or a stock 450r. But im too in love with my warrior i dont care that its slow i rock on it.

[quote:p6u4iwht]
Dont put all that ******* money into your warrior and you could have 1 easily..

Right on 97, I was about to get a stroker in the old yammi but found out that all the money I'm dumping in it I could get a nice z and have some $ left over ;D Gona be rockin a full sparks this saturday.[/quote:p6u4iwht]
yeah..I put over 1600 into my warrior this summer and now im rally regretting it because i could have bought a trick 400ex instead of an all stock one

nice 400ex. i got a 2002 300ex for $1500 a while back and i like it. its a good quad for my fiancee to ride and eventually my son when he gets older. hes 5 months old right now so hes got a while! lol just watch out because those damn hondas are really cold blooded. they are a bitch to start when its cold outside! i even ended up killing the battery trying to start it when it was too cold. gotta love the warrior though. never fails to crank over! also, i second the warning about the light front end. my 300 is a wheelie machine. if i only had the balls to keep the wheelie up it would do it for days! kinda seems like ive pussed out and been more careful since i had my son. gotta be around to see him grow up and not be in a hospital bed or wheelchair! lol anyway, nice 400. now start working on that bitch!

ya i hear ya on that. i know that ive put waaaaaaay too much money into my warrior, but oh well. its something to have fun on and hopefully ride with my son someday. maybe he will get to ride it when he gets older! lol

Back