my new project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorgirl09

Reaction score
Welp it's been awhile since i sold my bike. found some more but i decided to stick with the crotch rockets awhile and give them some love.
well i found my grandpas old truck! vins match the old title my dad gave me! woo i was excited and had to have it :)
Photo0162.jpg

1978 toyota wolverine 4x4
toyota didn't make a 4x4 till '79 so mine is special :D
they sent them to a aftermarket company as 2wd trucks. the company over sprung the rear axle and put a jeep CJ5 front axle and transfer case under it. built alum adapters to make the jeep axle use toyota bearings, hubs, and brakes. mine was converted back to jeep not long after my grandpa got it so it has 2 spares lol.

toyota axle
Photo0173.jpg

jeep axle
Photo0174.jpg

toyota lug
Photo0176.jpg

jeep lug
Photo0175.jpg

wolverine decal
Photo0172.jpg

looks like a cool project, even cooler since it was your grandpas old truck. its also nice to see you migrated over to the new site i was afraid we lost you:tup:. does it run right now?

yup drive it to work everyday! i've got $250 in it :D haha. new starter, batt, rear brake lines, rear brake hardware kit and shoes, clutch master cylinder, carb rebuilt by me :), and soon to be new tires (needs em bad)
i gave $50 for the truck and put $200 in parts. traded a old jon boat for a parts truck to get the good bed and hood from. got a set of mickey thompson classic locks loacated for it just gotta go get em and buy wheel adapters for the front to make em fit and dring the front out to the same width as the back.

yeah i had alot of personal things going on. just took me alittle bit to work em out and find the new site :)

Welcome back Chick!!

HAH, so wicked! Bad ass truck indeed. It got a R22 under the hood? What transfer case you rocking? I could only imagine that it came out of the CJ as well. Get that thing ready to wheel!

i'm thinking jeep used a dana 20 or 22 transfer case in the cj's at that time so it'd be one of those and the dana 30? i think front axle that jeep used.

of i already been wheeling in it. it'll go places heavy modded jeeps and FJ's wont go

sick , ive only seen one of these trucks ever . i love yotes . i just started my warrior project but ive been cranking and wheeling toyotas since i was probably 13 or so and they just dont quit .

in a search for wheels (5 lug chevy truck pattern) and wheel adapters for the front and some tires. 31 10.50's scrub atm but after the adapers and wheels it'll ba good :)

Photo0117.jpg

Photo0105.jpg

coming along :)
mainly running gear and engine work done so far.
i've put some 265/75/15 ties on it till i get my 17 inch beadlocks in. new started, voltage reg, tie rod end, battery, crappy ass fog lights till my steel gets here to build my bumpers and rock sliders, complete new rear brakes. on order, 17 inch beadlock rims, **** load of steel for bumpers, rock sliders, and tube doors for the summer time, pase setter tube headers, weber carb, magna flow exhaust, stainless exhaust pipe, mickey thompson baja claw radials, and more :p

finally built some speaker boxes and moved the door speakers under the seat. when i have to rebuild the engine i'm going to throw a performance towing cam in it and matched with the weber carb and some tube headers it should pull hell off hinges. going to add a D.U.I distributor at the time of cam and carb. she'll be breathing through a K&N and blowing it out through a magna flow 40 series off road edition :D. the exhaust will come first, then the distributor, then the carb and rebuild

Any progress on this? Me and my Bro are gunna start workin on his 86 here soon. The snow is finally starting to melt.

Back