My new (old) 87

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutwarrior

Reaction score
Well today i went and got an '87 to play with. I like it and can't wait to take it out. Check it out and let me know what you think.
DSC00520.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

WOW! thats the nicest looking warrior ive seen in a long time. Its soo clean, and for the year it looks even better. Did the guy that you bought it off of not even ride it?

Thanks. The guy i got it from said he only had it for like 8 months. But i don't think its ever been ridden very hard. It really needs new tires though, it can't even wheelie it just spins. :) I'm debating between keeping the gold rims or getting ITP C series. What do you guys think?

Yeah i'm pretty sure i'll get kendas. Either knarlys or klaw xc's. And i'm thinkin 20 inchers in back, 21's in front. My wifes warrior has 22 inch klaws and I really like them.

I know I will buy the gold rims from you if you sell, mine are starting to look a little beat up

idk about the XC klaw..I never liked them and i know of some people on here that hated them..i run a 21 up front with 20's in the back on my 400ex and it works perfect in the woods

I'm leaning towards keeping the gold rims for now. It looks so retro I don't think i'll change the overall looks too much. Just a few subtle changes and some mechanical upgrades you won't really see. Retro/sleeper so to speak.

Super clean 87. I would not get the ITP C Series whatever you do. (Just my personal opinion). I have a set and they are way to heavy. If you go to chrome I would get something different than the C Series.

Update... I am sticking with the stock golds. I just got a set of 21x11x9 Kenda Knarly XC's mounted up. Took out both of our warriors saturday just to mess around, (finally had a nice saturday off) and i really like them so far. On a side note I switched out the shifter on my wifes 89 for a YZ250 unit off of ebay, really a nice upgrade! Mines next!

So the YZ250 Shifter is a direct switch out / bold up? If so Im buying one asap.

Yfz450 shifter is also bolt on....I got a IMS for like 35$ at the job and it makes a very big difference I've never fall in neutral since I got mine

Back