My new Hotcam

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89warrior

Reaction score
Today I got my Hotcam for my warrior. The company I bought it from sent me a cam for a Rappy 350. I compared the stock warrior cam and the rappy cam they sent me and they look the same. But I have heard that you can not use a rappy cam in a warrior? Do I need to send it back?

Don't use it, send it back and tell them to either give you the right one, or give you a refund. I know hotcams originally re-packaged warrior cams for the raptor 350 and ended up tearing up a bunch of engines and never claimed responsibility or payed for the repairs. I'm sure that if a warrior cam doesn't work in a raptor 350, that it would be the same in reverse also.

Just the fact that a company of this size would rather screw their customers over than claim responsibility for their own errors was more than enough reason for me to decide they'll never get a penny from me.

Don't send it back. Check Hotcams site, they are the same part number. Raptor and warrior motors are the same, I put a warrior cam in my wifes raptor 350 when the stock one broke.

manufacturer defect I guess, the end that rides on the inside bearing broke off.

When the raptor 350 first came out, hotcams assumed the head and cam were exactly the same and sold the warrior cam as the raptor 350 cam. There was a big issue because the cams were in fact not the same because the raptor 350 has a different cam, rockers, etc and the hotcam designed for the warrior was tearing them apart. Maybe they redesigned the warrior cam so it works for both the raptor 350 and warrior now, but I still wouldn't take any chances, at least until you call hotcams and confirm it from their tech support department.

let me know when you get the right one in. i've been thinking about one for mine and wana know how it performs. i've heard good and bad.

All-in-all i think it's a good cam. if you don't have a lot of engine/head work, it's good. if you're ported and have a larger intake valve, you might want something a bit more. but remember...this is my opinion, not gospel.

Yes the 87-04 warrior and 05-06 Hotcam have the same Part #. But the cam I got has a peace of paper that came with it saying for use with 05 raptor 350 only. But after going more into the reading all I have to do is use the stock warrior cam sprocket. I'm guessing the rappy and warrior cam sprocket are diff. But just to be safe I will call Hotcam tomorrow and talk with them about this. thanks for all your help.

I called Hotcam today, Just as I thought the cam sprocket on the warrior and raptor and different. So the cam I bought will work if I use the stock cam sprocket off the warrior.

how much did you cam cost, I'm thinking about purchasing one, is there a core charge where I have to send my old one in, or do I just get a brand new one?

how much did you cam cost, I'm thinking about purchasing one, is there a core charge where I have to send my old one in, or do I just get a brand new one?

"Hot Cams" does not have a core charge. but the brand "webcams" do have a core charge if i remember right.

what is a core charge??

A core charge is for if you get something that requires you to send the original part back. Like FST and Powroll's cams are a stock cam that they modify the lobes on to change the specs. So the core charge is like a deposit that you pay up front, and get refunded when you return the original part. Even if you would go to advance auto and get a remanufactured alternator for your car, they usually have a core charge that you get back when you take back the old one.

Back