My new ATV Garage/Workshop!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hdale85

Reaction score
So I'm starting my build on my little ATV Garage and workshop area I figured you guys might be interested to see it go up. It's 12' wide and 10' deep. Right now I'm not sure what the roof will look like, I'm kind of leaning towards a barn style roof so that I can have a bigger loft area and use it for storage or something? Anyways it'll be plumbed with electricity and going to put in a window AC unit hard mounted into the wall and fully insulate it. This way I'll be able to use it year round.

This is the first picture so far, I had just finished putting in all the joists with joist hangers and everything. I do have the floor on now but it started to rain so I didn't get a picture, hopefully tomorrow I'll start framing it up.

Photo023.jpg

Yeah I think so, I would build an actual garage but we rent and it needs to be movable lol.

Looks like a killer start. Its gunna be quite the hangout when its done.

Just remember not to use the loft for sleeping with all those fumes :tup:

Hah! Yea I'm trying to think of a way to get some ventilation. Really it shouldn't be that bad unless I spill gas all over.

Hah! Yea I'm trying to think of a way to get some ventilation. Really it shouldn't be that bad unless I spill gas all over.
Which starts to happen more and more after one spill and the fumes get strong XD

Well I finished up the floor today and got the first wall framed up. I think I realize now that none of the shed kits you buy have 8' walls....these walls seem really big lol.

Photo024.jpg

Lookin' good... Want to help me build a shed when you finish yours? I'll supply the beer and materials.

Like where I keep my ATV I can really only stand up in the middle because its like a small barn and near the walls its annoying.

Ugh! It's warm today! I got most of the pieces cut for the front wall and have them laid out on the ground. I bought a windows that's 24" wide x 36" tall. A pretty good size and I should be able to fit an AC in the window if I don't decide to hard mount one into the wall. I started looking at measurements for the front and I'm undecided if I want the window on the front so I'm just framing everything up and going to decide about the window later and cut the studs and then frame it in.

I'm trying to get the front wall at least done, but the problem is it rained this morning and now it's all crazy humid out lol.

Well here's where it sits right now. I need to borrow a ladder from our aunt so I can pound the left side back down and then I will nail the side wall to the front wall.

Photo034.jpg

I did a bit more work on the shop (well my very small version of one) today. I ran out of nails, and I have to get some materials to start building up the roof. I also had to buy a ladder today because the wifes aunt is out of town so I couldn't borrow hers and that wooden one you see there I borrowed from her grandmother but it proved to not be steady at all on the higher steps! And there is a shot of the window I picked up for 40 bucks.

Photo035.jpg

Photo036.jpg

Almost...lol after the roof is on and shingled and everything it'll start moving a lot quicker, well as funds become available.

Back