my first car....1973 nova

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BornWithNoBrains

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIXzhU5irCU
i sound weird but deal with it....this car has a 350 (or a 396 we cant match up the engine numbers) Holley 4 barrel carb {double pumper} bit heads...headers going to dual exhausts...all the parts are there....please comment...and subscribe! i paid 1200$ of my own money from work for this...

also i was reving it up because...it was sitting in a field for 1 year before it was started so it was pooping because there was some nest that was in the exhaust...lol they chopped the exhaust off short so its really loud

We just sound weird to ourselfs.

Have fun fixing it up. Sounds gooood.

Nice that you got a 2 door. If you haven't seen the 74 I picked up, look at warriorgirls new ride thread. That is most likely a small block. It was hard to get a good look at it because you didn't focus on it for long. Aso, unless someone swapped in a big block, it is going to be a small block, because they stopped building the 396 in 70. The most commonly used engine is the small block anyway. Sounds like you need to give it a complete tune up, and get some fresh gas in it.

yea its a 2 door but they said the factory motor on the door of the nova said it was a 305....but they put what looks like to be a 350 with big heads? the heads are larger than a reg 350...74? nice my favorite is a 71 nova...im getting a cowl induction hood soon...

You'd have to get a better shot of the engine for me to tell ya what you have. Small blocks are easily distinguishable from big blocks.

yea its a 2 door but they said the factory motor on the door of the nova said it was a 305....but they put what looks like to be a 350 with big heads? the heads are larger than a reg 350...74? nice my favorite is a 71 nova...im getting a cowl induction hood soon...

Paint it orange and put a big confederate flag on the top

if you want to now exactly what motor you got check the casting numers at the back of the block

Didn't you say you couldn't read the block numbers? Get in there with some carb cleaner and scotchbrite and read away. Just do a google search: small block 349057034 (use your numbers), and it will dump out a dozen sites of chevy, comaro, vett, and gm enthusiasts. When looking at the front of the engine, JUST above the water pump and just below the intake man, on the drivers side, is there a small square drive oil gally plug? If so it's a small block made at the Flint plant. Those are THE only small blocks to have that plug. The Flint plant was where the more high perf block were cast.

Last edited:
Nah man don't do the flag. Nothing wrong with it, I just think that it looks like **** on a car.

yea im not lol....im painting it grabber green...with a black cowl induction hood and black shag fur for my interior....with green LED's under the seat so in night time the floor will glow green!

Dude High ******* FIVE!
you got a running nova for 1200 bucks
I envy you
but really nice find though

thanks it was at the canfield,Ohio swap meet....and no one bought it all day the guy wanted 5000 for it but i said 1200 and he took it

You are soo lucky to get a 2 door. I bought the 4dr 74 for $250 from a friend. And it runs, after sitting for 10 years.

Latest posts

Back