my finished Z

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep thats sick, love that graphics kit bro, z's are the only quads i ever see with those nerfs, looks badasss

i like those nerfs too. kinda remind me of the artic cat nerfs on the dvx's. sweet looking. where in missouri are you in relation to springfield? if youre close, do you wanna ride sometime? pm me

lol. please dont tell me you have been watching that cheesy "VisitMO.com" commercial! if you are coming through missouri (particularly sw missouri) let me know.

HAHA...If you sell that kfx-z400 let me know...I haven't ever really paid attention to them until you posted this one, and wow I like it..

Thanks, and I'll let ya know, although after a couple more rides im sure it wont look quite the same.

Thanks, and I'll let ya know, although after a couple more rides im sure it wont look quite the same.

Nothing a good washing couldn't fix. Well unless you run it straight into a tree at 50 MPH. But like I said before I've never really paid attention to them until you posted that. A buddy of mine has the LT-R 450 and its bad ass. I am liking the z more and more these days. Warrior isn't going anywhere though.

yeah those ltr450's are pretty sweet looking. i might have to go to the local zuki dealer and see if i can test one out. yamaha needs to make a fuel injected yfz450 or make upgrade kits for older quads to convert to fuel injection. turbo would be nice too, but they are pretty expensive!

yeah those ltr450's are pretty sweet looking. i might have to go to the local zuki dealer and see if i can test one out. yamaha needs to make a fuel injected yfz450 or make upgrade kits for older quads to convert to fuel injection. turbo would be nice too, but they are pretty expensive!

Fuel injection is cock!

[quote:e6bu994w]yeah those ltr450's are pretty sweet looking. i might have to go to the local zuki dealer and see if i can test one out. yamaha needs to make a fuel injected yfz450 or make upgrade kits for older quads to convert to fuel injection. turbo would be nice too, but they are pretty expensive!

Fuel injection is cock![/quote:e6bu994w]
yep, ill take a good ol'e fashion carb anyday, but i heard that fuel injection gives you a bad ass throttle response!

i still wouldnt mind fuel injection because jetting is a bitch. i wouldnt know the first thing about getting a carb jetting right, but fuel injection is pretty much a no-brainer, right? could also (potentially) give you more power, right?

i still wouldnt mind fuel injection because jetting is a bitch. i wouldnt know the first thing about getting a carb jetting right, but fuel injection is pretty much a no-brainer, right? could also (potentially) give you more power, right?

Initially that's what I thought about fuel injected quads, but it seems like they're not self-adjusting like a car is. The stock controller can compensate for small changes like an air filter, or changes in weather and altitude, but if you do something like exhaust or removing the airbox lid you have to buy a power commander, which from my understanding lets you manually adjust the "jetting", so it's not self adjusting anymore. You still have to do plug chops and troubleshooting, it just takes the actual disassembly and tuning of the carb out of the equation.

oh okay. didnt know you had to do plug chopping with fuel injected. i guess its a little less involved than taking a carb out, which is something i personally wouldnt like to do myself. what about a diesel powered quad? think that would even work? just curious

Back