my finished Z

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah fuel injection is more costly. They don't tell you that you will need a power commander of some sort when you order a pipe for a fuel injected quad. Once you get the pipe and install it thinking it will work wonderfully and find out the quad runs like **** you call and they tell you that you need a module that is another 200+ bucks.

oh okay. didnt know you had to do plug chopping with fuel injected. i guess its a little less involved than taking a carb out, which is something i personally wouldnt like to do myself. what about a diesel powered quad? think that would even work? just curious

Tuning carbs really isn't that bad once you do it a couple times and get the feel for it.

Polaris tried the diesel idea for a few years, but it wasn't very successful. I guess it was just too heavy and low revving for anything except true utility use, such as farming. From what I remember it was pretty damn expensive too, like $8000 when everyhing else on the market at the time was less than $6000.

damn! thats pretty costly. would be good for utes though. somethign that hauls a lot of weight and needs good mileage. maybe a diesel version of the yamaha rhino?

Read where they are working on a fuel controller that utilizes an oxygen sensor like they have in cars for some of the new fuel injected quads. This would eleminate any problems when you change the air box or exhaust.

There is also a controller they are working on that is preprogrammed for up to 15 different set ups and you pick the right one by turning on the ignition and hitting the throttle a certain number of times.

I think the oxygen sensor controlled controller would be great, but would limit you on the type of exhaust you could run.

Back