My dad and I got a new toy!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
well well well! anyone wanna see what $6k in cash looks like?
img197.jpg

and this is what $6k in cash got me!
100_1221.jpg

100_1208.jpg

100_1209.jpg

100_1211.jpg

thats right ladies! its a 1984 Chevy Camaro Z28 with t-tops. under the hood, its got a 427ci BBC with 454 heads and a borg warner 5-speed manual tranny! this thing is soooooo badass! as you can see, it still has the original stock interior from 1984 and its in incredible shape. apparently the original motor went out, so it sat in a garage for about 10-15 years until the 427 was put in it. this is going to be a little project car for my dad and i when he gets back from iraq in a year (please keep him in your prayers!). hes going there as a civillian contractor to work on military aircraft. well, ill give you guys more updates as we begin work. later yall!

oh yeah the body is in really good shape. no real scratches except for on the front bumper at the bottom. its probably going to get a new paint job though. im not really diggin the silver stripe along the bottom. im thinking either redoing the metallic black or changing it to a dark metallic green. anyways, even though its badass now, its gonna be even more badass when its done. well, gotta go. later

I reconized the serial numbers on those bills and am now reporting you for theft of my money lol. That is one phat conversion and it dosen't even look all that huge in there, btw that stock T5 trans will probably look like swiss cheese after a few banging power shifts of the chevys fat block, they were made to handle like 275lbs of torque from a weak 305 that would granade faster then the trans would. Oh I meant to ask is it still running the stock 7.62 rear??? That could get pretty scary too. It's really nice though and to keep it that way I would invest first in frame connecters the weld in ones, and then a Richmond 6 or T56 trans, the rear will be fine as long as you don't drag race it otherwize a 9 inch will be in store. Have fun man I'm jealous.

yeah im gonna get some subframe connectors, a wonder bar, and a strut tower brace to stiffen up the unibody. thats probably the first thing i will do. as for the tranny, ive heard that they are weak, especially for the power this is going to eventually put out, but im not going to worry about that until it goes out. no sense in fixing something thats not broken (yet). as for the rear end, it was originally a 5.0L HO, and its the stock rear end so it should have 3.73 gears. i believe its the 7.62 rear. i might end up changing that out if it goes out, but the tranny and the rear end will cost me a pretty penny to change when the time comes. im thinkin a ford 9 inch rear end will do nicely and maybe some 4.10 gears, but might stick with 3.73s. well gotta go. later

Man that is sick and it's in fantastic shape! I hope you and your dad have fun with your new project!

I know there expensive but should you need it, Moser and Stange both make a brand new bolt in 12 bolt rear for the F Bodies. Also the 3.73 gear should be fine esp with the torque of the bigblock even though it's a 427 and not a 454. Also anything less then a dual 3" exhaust will choke that motor. So get that thing to track I'm dying to hear the numbers. Also any idea whats done to the motor???

well its got 454 heads and a mild cam in it right now. heres the specs on the cam.
cam int. .320 exh. .320
valve int. .544 exh. .544
lobe ctrs. int. 107 exh. 117
lash int & exh .000
adv. dur. int. & exh 228
if i can get the money together im thinking about a currie bolt in rear end with 3.73s and trac-lock (i guess thats kinda like posi trac) with fully welded axle tubes and either 30 or 31 spline axles. they look pretty nice and i can get one with a third member already in it with axles and everything ready to go except for brakes. you just unhook the stock brake lines, pull out the stock rear end, and bolt the new one in and put brakes on. shouldnt be too tough, but i dont really have $2600 right now for it, plus the shipping will probably be a biatch! as for a tranny, ive heard the T56s are nice, but they are between $2500 to 3200, so thats gotta wait for now. my dad will be back in about a year, so we will start some more work on it then. i really want to get it on a dyno to see what it puts out now, before we end up getting some headers and doing some motor work, but like i already said, the subframe and suspension needs to be stiffened up before we put too much power into it. if i can find a car trailer that someone will let me borrow, i might try to take it out to the strip and get some numbers for ya dave. i gotta learn how to drive a stick first. lol i know the whole principle of how to do it and im sure i can do it, i just havent ever had any practice in a stick shift car. well, all in good time. anyways, gotta go. later yall!

I sold my waverunners a couple of years ago, and the lady gave me ninety one hundred dollar bills! Wish I still had it, but I spent it on a lake house.

i did some work for a farmer one summer when i was younger, he paid me no joke 2100 1 dollar bills for the summer, he gave them to me in a box, lol he had all the ones from selling at the local market, lol it looked like a ton of money

Back