My build....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surftouch

Reaction score
SO Ive relized that my warrior has been beat to shiot by the previous owner. So heres what Im doing let me know what you think, or what im missing.!

LaSleeve brand new stock bore
Je 12.1 Comp std bore
HotRods Crank and Rod kit
HotRods Bearing kit
Full 66 peice gasket kit
DID timming chain
White brothers Slip on
K&N filter

Anything other than whats on this list that I will need?...or need to know??

The DID timing chain is actually weaker than a Yamaha original one.

Make sure when you change the air filter that you add a clamp on adaptor with it.

It would also be a big power increase to cam the motor at the same time. The 12:1 piston will allow you to run a real high lift cam and still have good drivability. Basically your going to get alot more power everywhere. Id reccomend a .430 lift with the H/d springs and titanium retainers.

Without adding the cam your going to make a shitload of lowend power and not much on top.

Oil cooler mod would also be a good idea at this time, also while the motor is this far apart it wouldnt hurt to check the clutch out/basket and add some stiffer springs and an extra plate.

I was thinking about putting a Cam in it, but I wasnt sure if I wanted to or not....idk

The d.i.d is a little lighter, smaller links but higher grade steel. Stock is beefer and my guess would last longer after looking at the both of them. I would just check the tensioner to see how far it was out and go from there.
No need for bearing kit if you get the crank. I would get the hot-rods stroker crank and piston if possible and if you are going to split the cases. The only thing you have to do is bore it to 84mm. Have the head freshed up.
Get a .430 or .450 cam to go with the stroker or 12:1.
Put a raptor carb or flat slide.
Have custom made head and base gaskets made.
Install an oil cooler.

Ive already got most of the parts, Piston, Hot-Rods stock Crank and Rod kit. I really need to read up on the oil cooler kit. anyone want to really brake it down for me step by step?

Did the clutch cover last night, was pretty easy.....thanks!!!

Back