My 450 Revs high but moves slow. HELP!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsxguy77

Reaction score
So this is what happened. I went through a water hole which was very very deep. Exhaust was covered at one point even. Never let off the gas while the exhaust was covered though. Once I got out, I rode out of the trail for like 5 minutes and while riding I felt like my engine would make the sound like im reving it high, but it was lacking in speed.

I got out of the trail and drained the plugs. the 2 left side plugs were dry but the one on the right side near the crankcase had tons and tons of dirty water in it. We couldnt beleive how much water came out.

Anyway, I dont know if this caused the problem or what. a couple people think my belt might have gotten expanded and its slipping? I would appreciate help. I cant afford to take it to a shop anymore. Ive spent too much for stupid repairs on this thing.

Its for sure the belt. I had a similar experience and it didn't work right till the clutch was re-lubed and the belt was replaced.

If you don't clean it up after getting muddy water inside the rollers in the basket will eat the basket up.

yhea its definetly caused by water inside the clutch. I never had to replace my belt and have submerged the wolvy more than 1x. but when you pull the clutch cover off you will probably find that there is grease slung out. So clean everything up and regrease the clutch basket. Then give it a shot.

Back