My 1998 GMC Sierra build thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
First off I would like to thank everyone that helped me decide which truck to get on my other thread. Here it is I get my licence in 2 months :slayer: so that give me some time to customize it. I plan on doing cab lights, removing all this contractor stuff, getting a normal full width tool box, putting lights on the tool box, removing the steps, Led dash lights, Painting the rear bumper black, removing the molding, CB, 2 4ft wips, and much more

You can make a buck selling the contractor items. I hope you don't lift it. Personally, I don't like lifted trucks.

Nice Z71. I have a 94 and love it. Just had to put new differentials in though. Idiot before me put 3.42s in the rear with stock 3.73s in the front. Bound up the rear and broke 3 teeth off the ring gear. I put on a leveling kit which picked up the front 2 inch and the rear 3. A little lift but not too much.

Nice clean truck! I've got a 96 c2500 TD. Good trucks! Keep the oil changed it will run forever! Mines got 296k miles on it and still runs like a top!

I'm gonna drop spindle and shackle mine and level mine. It never leaves pavement so I have no need for a lift.

Clean your fuel system, drop a k&n filter in it and drive it soft and easy it should get decent mileage fuel wise.

What trans is in your truck?

Nice clean truck! I've got a 96 c2500 TD. Good trucks! Keep the oil changed it will run forever! Mines got 296k miles on it and still runs like a top!

I'm gonna drop spindle and shackle mine and level mine. It never leaves pavement so I have no need for a lift.

Clean your fuel system, drop a k&n filter in it and drive it soft and easy it should get decent mileage fuel wise.

What trans is in your truck?

Do you have any pics of your truck ?

I am going to do a kn filter, and run some heat injected cleaner in the tank.
It has the 4l60e

You can make a buck selling the contractor items. I hope you don't lift it. Personally, I don't like lifted trucks.

there ya go knockin my lifts and tires again... thinking about going to 33's on the taco... i'm due for tires

Nice Z71. I have a 94 and love it. Just had to put new differentials in though. Idiot before me put 3.42s in the rear with stock 3.73s in the front. Bound up the rear and broke 3 teeth off the ring gear. I put on a leveling kit which picked up the front 2 inch and the rear 3. A little lift but not too much.

Thanks! That's not good on the dif lol, where did you get the lift kit at?

there ya go knockin my lifts and tires again... thinking about going to 33's on the taco... i'm due for tires

Ahh 35s!

33s look nice on those trucks! How much lift do you have?

This is the only picture I have.

westons96_zps86adc1c4.jpg

Do you have any pics of your truck ?

I am going to do a kn filter, and run some heat injected cleaner in the tank.
It has the 4l60e

See if you can find a Whipple supercharger. Best bang for your buck without having to get into the engine. Complete systems still turn up on ebay.

Latest posts

Back