Moved From Rappy'97's Thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to be the one to break it to you...but what you are claiming isn't possible. You don't have NEAR the gearing or power to pull 124 mph, let alone in a 1000' race...it just isn't going to happen. Maybe your GPS is set on KPH? That would be a bit more realistic, but still optimistic (124 kph is approx 77 mph).

But again...PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG. Go grab your quad and do a top speed run for us, and get it on video...I will paypal you $500 if you can hit 120mph on your yz426f powered Warrior.
i really want to see this 80mph in 300feet i have a 100hp alky motor and i can just break 70mph in 300 feet and still have another gear to go i would say id top out at 95mph tops my gearing is 16/40 with 22s

i really want to see this 80mph in 300feet i have a 100hp alky motor and i can just break 70mph in 300 feet and still have another gear to go i would say id top out at 95mph tops my gearing is 16/40 with 22s

The 80mph in 300' is on par with the 124mph claim...just not possible with his setup.

Here is one of the FASTEST all motor Raptors, 3.82 @ 81 mph in 300'. As you can see, this is a drag-only Raptor, extremely light weight (around 250 lbs), around 105 rwhp (all motor), wheelie bar, HUGE paddles, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XtU_8xnHm0

That video should be enough evidence for anybody to see how far-fetched his claim of 80mph in a 300' drag is with his quad, it is not going to happen!

The 80mph in 300' is on par with the 124mph claim...just not possible with his setup.

Here is one of the FASTEST all motor Raptors, 3.82 @ 81 mph in 300'. As you can see, this is a drag-only Raptor, extremely light weight (around 250 lbs), around 105 rwhp (all motor), wheelie bar, HUGE paddles, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XtU_8xnHm0

That video should be enough evidence for anybody to see how far-fetched his claim of 80mph in a 300' drag is with his quad, it is not going to happen!
here is the second fastest banshee out there weighs right around 250lbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riyJjwsL510&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL49FF2A1EEDC90955

Last edited:
Decided to let you guys hash it out, but keep it g rated please. We do have some younger members, not to mention it just makes the site look bad. If you get out of control, I will just delete it all. And please no personal attacks, at all

Decided to let you guys hash it out, but keep it g rated please. We do have some younger members, not to mention it just makes the site look bad. If you get out of control, I will just delete it all. And please no personal attacks, at all

I can respect that, thanks! :tup: Between all the BS, there will probably be a lot of good information posted here....

While were are talking about hybrid quads, are there any yamaha motors bigger than 350cc that have reverse. I want something that will still fit in a warrior frame and I need reverse for some of the riding I do.

While were are talking about hybrid quads, are there any yamaha motors bigger than 350cc that have reverse. I want something that will still fit in a warrior frame and I need reverse for some of the riding I do.
ive never heard of any but i could be wrong.there is a yamaha street bike motor out there its a 500 twin i was gonna buy a long time agout it looked like it would drop right in the warrior and i cant remember what model it was i no its not part of your question but that would be a cool hybrid

which MAY put down 60hp on Trinitys dyno is laughable to most people with any experience with drag racing ATV's. If I'm wrong, I will eat my words. Please, I beg you...post a video of that warrior doing what you say it can. If it is true, I will sell my 100+ hp Raptor and build a warrior 426 tomorrow.
OMG! I am laughing SO freaking hard at the Trinity comment:haha::laughup:

1998, I guess it didnt work. I tried changing the title, but it changes above the first post in this thread...

Back