Motor tear down

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave76

Reaction score
Ok so how many of guys have torn down the Warrior motor completely, and how hard was reassembly? And no I'm not talking about just a piston change.

Yeah I got it, just wundering everyone experience? I don't have all the special Yamaha tools they call for.

You absolutely need the flywheel puller. I had my machinist at work make one for me :)

Its not hard to tear it down if you stay organized. Take pictures, bag and tag everything. The transmission is the most complex part.

I don't know that I would suggest rebuilding a warrior engine if this is your first time. I would recommend having a few lawnmower engines under your belt before hand. Or at least have someone around with some experience.

I have ripped a few apart and have a tutorial I keep promising to put up but never finish it. I still have about 10 pictures to add text to and then I will post it. It will be pretty complete. I am no mechanic but it wasnt really that dificult to do. Definately gets easier the more you do. I did make a few things harder on myself. PM me any direct questions u have. Not sure what it is you need to repair but most people tear it down to replace a crankshaft or shift fork. You do not have to remove any gears of the tranny to do so. Like Dave85zxt said, take pix, very helpful. Search the site for an online manual, it's here you just need to find it.

After 397 LawnMower Engine's, 944 5HP Brigg's Race Kart Engine's, 13 WaterPumps, 2 LeafBlower's, 70 some chainsaw's, a **** load of weedeater's, 109 DirtBike's and 210 Quad's, I DONT NEED NO MANUAL and actually never used one in the first place.

BTW, that is the exact count, i have all receipts.

All hail the engine god!!

I DONT NEED NO MANUAL and actually never used one in the first place.

That is a butt load of engine work, but you had to of used something to get the torque specs!

All hail the engine god!!

[quote:u607gwfk]I DONT NEED NO MANUAL and actually never used one in the first place.

That is a butt load of engine work, but you had to of used something to get the torque specs![/quote:u607gwfk]

LawnMower, GoKart, ChainSaw, WeedEater, WaterPump LeafBlower and other smaller engine's like that doesnt really have to be torqued.

Everything i rebuilt is still running today beside' one quad and 10 kart engine's. The 10 Kart Engine's was ran in 20 race's each and they didn't wan't to pay to rebuild after every 5 race's so after the 20 they'd pop. Even though they did win almost every single race they ran and held track championship for 4 year's.

Well I got the whole motor torn down, except the flywheel and crankshaft, I guess you really do need a yamaha puller to get the flywheel off, I tried a gear puller and it did nothing.

[quote:c94ymp3m]All hail the engine god!!

That is a butt load of engine work, but you had to of used something to get the torque specs!

LawnMower, GoKart, ChainSaw, WeedEater, WaterPump LeafBlower and other smaller engine's like that doesnt really have to be torqued.

Everything i rebuilt is still running today beside' one quad and 10 kart engine's. The 10 Kart Engine's was ran in 20 race's each and they didn't wan't to pay to rebuild after every 5 race's so after the 20 they'd pop. Even though they did win almost every single race they ran and held track championship for 4 year's.[/quote:c94ymp3m]

yeah we did lawnmower engines in the engines class im in at school and the lawnmower.....if something was too tight, it didnt work...if it was too loose it would fall apart

i will be tearing mine down completely here sometime this winter as the rod bearing gave up on me so if ya run into anything out of the ordinary let me know!

Latest posts

Back