Motor swap help!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah uncork these engines and cam it and you can pick up nearly 9 horse. Get 11:1 comp, vito's key, cdi, larger better carb, turn the flywheel and 40 isn't out of the question. I'd venture to guess mine is close to 30. Be better if I had a larger carb.

Greg at CWR claims 45hp ~ from his 460 kit. The biggest threat to the YFM engine is gonna be RPMs, they just weren't designed to rev. My personal opinion would be that the 460 kit properly done is probably gonna hit the limits of what the 2 valve head will do. Even still, that's a very respectable power. A Warrior engine complete is about 100 lbs, it's killer. Here's the thing, we build a respectable 38hp or so engine, it's gonna run damn good then your going to have to fight suspension it cannot be neglected at that kind of power. A mildly modded Warrior will way out power it's chassis/suspension in stock form. Nothing wrong with a built YFM engine or a hybrid in my opinion, they both have their own kind of cool!

Last edited:
Greg at CWR claims 45hp ~ from his 460 kit. The biggest threat to the YFM engine is gonna be RPMs, they just weren't designed to rev. My personal opinion would be that the 460 kit properly done is probably gonna hit the limits of what the 2 valve head will do. Even still, that's a very respectable power. A Warrior engine complete is about 100 lbs, it's killer. Here's the thing, we build a respectable 38hp or so engine, it's gonna run damn good then your going to have to fight suspension it cannot be neglected at that kind of power. A mildly modded Warrior will way out power it's chassis/suspension in stock form. Nothing wrong with a built YFM engine or a hybrid in my opinion, they both have their own kind of cool!

Very well put man.. :tup:

push 30 and it be unreliable? your crazy, once i get the dumb wiseco crank out of mine, there's nothing left to break but the chain lol, even got that covered!

ovly reason i keep putting money i mine is im still experimenting and havent found much negitive other then wiseco cranks aint worth scrap, and wiseco uses hevy wrist pins and the oem warrior clutch setup is trash on a hot built motor.

its honestly not realy hard to get to 30hp and probably not hard to break 40. just depends how you want it to be spread out.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Mickey Dunlap runs the stock clutch with the only mod being heavy springs for his stroker and they hold up. Do you honestly believe that you have a "hot" set up to burn out clutches? That is right you can pull 450's all day long.:haha:

I don't see how it's not hard to break 40 hp with a warrior engine. 450's stock have 40 hp. It's like comparing a f1 car to a tractor.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Mickey Dunlap runs the stock clutch with the only mod being heavy springs for his stroker and they hold up. Do you honestly believe that you have a "hot" set up to burn out clutches? That is right you can pull 450's all day long.:haha:

I don't see how it's not hard to break 40 hp with a warrior engine. 450's stock have 40 hp. It's like comparing a f1 car to a tractor.

Micky builds woods motors, not mx were the clutch is the first thing to go, comments like this are to be expected from someone who when and bought a new OEM stator from the dealer ship.. but seriously, if your gonna talk crap about mine, drive down and ride it! Oh yea, you wont! Thank you verymuch.

Now continue with the original topic im tired are arguing with someone else over my bike, when they haven't even seen it outside a computer screen.

Yeah the warrior chassis just can't keep up with the engine, depending on how you ride. Unless you have a suspension set up like weston that is. The chassis was old school when it came out, lol. I've got mine set up well for the woods, but, you can't compare it to the 450's. They are a class all their own.

Micky builds woods motors, not mx were the clutch is the first thing to go, comments like this are to be expected from someone who when and bought a new OEM stator from the dealer ship.. but seriously, if your gonna talk crap about mine, drive down and ride it! Oh yea, you wont! Thank you verymuch.

Now continue with the original topic im tired are arguing with someone else over my bike, when they haven't even seen it outside a computer screen.

Really id believe mickey because he has a lot more time in these than you dont get all offended if someone says something different than you believe. Accept it and take it into consideration thats what real engineers do and thats how everyone moves forward. I believe the stock clutch is one of the few good clutches it never gave me problems when i was into mx

Really id believe mickey because he has a lot more time in these than you dont get all offended if someone says something different than you believe. Accept it and take it into consideration thats what real engineers do and thats how everyone moves forward. I believe the stock clutch is one of the few good clutches it never gave me problems when i was into mx

I dont mind the negativity, but its the same stupid comments from Jason, ive proved him wrong more then once so im only taking his stuff at less then face value, because if your wrong once he can be wrong again.

Again talking out of your ass which is completely expected from you as well. I'm sorry but for the engine mods that you have done that is completely retarded to say that you can beat or keep up to 450's. Either you are running some very worn 450's or your making **** up. I'm going to go with #2 on this one.

Fyi, I never bought a OEM stator from a dealership.

"drive and and ride it" well it is not going to work in this case dunner because your is broke more then it is together. That says more about the person working on it rather then the warrior.

I dont mind the negativity, but its the same stupid comments from Jason, ive proved him wrong more then once so im only taking his stuff at less then face value, because if your wrong once he can be wrong again.

You are full of bullshit. This is obvious. All I am asking is be realistic with what you are saying. Yet you want to say that your warrior is as fast or faster then a 450, constantly. With out stroking it and just with a wiesco 10.25:1 piston and hotcam. I'm sorry but it's not going to happen not unless you have a 30 shot of nos.

How have you "proved me wrong" more then once?

My motor has the jamm to take 450's.
Just say'n... lmao
All those fancy YFZ's out there better check the blind side. Scream'n YFM come'n threw!!
:atv:

:popcorn: im entertained here lol. anyway i have my warrior, bone stock engine wise, and my friend has a 450, and i can say i can't see how in the world a warrior can keep up with or beat a 450, but i have never ridden a modd'd warrior so i have no experience there, if its really possible, kudu's to the guys that made that happen.

"drive and and ride it" well it is not going to work in this case dunner because your is broke more then it is together. That says more about the person working on it rather then the warrior.

i have everything i need to make it rock and roll, i just aint had the time to do it. now as for it being broke, the only thing that's breaking on it is the crank, and that's do to wiseco out sourcing to china and making crap cranks.

JW but have you ever dynoed yours Jason? curious what yours is pulling as a stroker.

im done arguing with you, its cluttering up this thread and making us both look like jerks for arguing across the internet about 2 different machines and neither of us having rode or seen the others machine. you have yours i have mine.

And I have mine, and 88 has his, and mathius has one, and so does beastly, and deadlast... LMFAO!!!!

Back