motor oil

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.E.Warrior97-2001

Reaction score
Wt brand and weight motor oil should i run in my warrior??? Were I live it get's in the mid 90's during the summer and high teens in the winter. I have Rotella 15/40 in it now but I think its to thick and last time I had it out I seemed to hear a weird knock from time to time.. I tried searching I know its on this forum somewere but I cannot find it

I run castrol t4 in mine don't have any complaints so far.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Could that be the simple solution to difficulties in finding neutral while riding? I can't remember oil I use. Mind you that its all stock..

If you use synthetic oil do you have to keep using synthetic like car or does it matter with this motor?I hope this isn't a stupid question

Any motor can be switch back and forth between dino and synthetic, dont matter. The only requirement for our quads is it has to be ok for wet clutchs. The old wives tale about not being able to switch back and forth is completely false. Anyone that says any different is not educated on how the oils and such are anymore.

I use 20w50 Valvoline ATV or Motorcycle, but NOT big twin. It's not for wet clutch use$5.00 qt.

I run the Valvoline 10w40 in the winter and 20w50 in the summer on the warrior. I run Honda GN4 10w40 in our 3 fourtraxes year round.

Back