Motor dilema

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennys

Reaction score
Changed the oil today to find, A LOT, of metal shavings come out with it. The bike has been burning A LOT of oil. I suspected as much when I realized it was burning it that badly. I haven't tore it down to see exactly how bad it is but I can get another 350 engine with 140psi compression for 500$ CANADIAN. Is it worth it? Or should I tear it down and see how bad it is and opt for the FST 446 kit?

I don't know much about the kit but realize it will most likely be around 1200-1500$ by the time its over with. Is the kit actually worth that kind of coin or just get another engine to throw in?

Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks,

Kenny

if you got the money i think that fst 446 kit would be awesome. i dont know how it performs or how long you could get it to last. ive read where guys have done the upgrade but no reveiws on how stout it is. it sounds like you may just have a top end problem which doesnt cost a lot to fix, and is fairly simple repair. the metal in the block will be a pain to get out though.

Got the engine ripped apart. Looks like something in the transmission blew apart and went up through it. There were teeth missing on some of the gears and the crank was burnt Black/blue. My mechanic said that it must have lost oil pressure at some point and was lucky to even be working.

Anyways i picked up another engine this week and will hopefully have it in by the weekend.

The fst kits are great I got the 488 in my 450 and its a huge difference. But with the tranny being toast I would just swap it.

Latest posts

Back