motor cuts out in water

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior stu

Reaction score
OK hope im not re posting but i have looked and i cant find a thread on this problem
i have a 96 warrior and my buds and i love mudding but when i run through a good size puddle my warrior will sputter and some times die i am a automotive tech and know its not a mechanical problem it has to do with the fact that the coil is right under the hood and gets soaked. has any one else had this happen if so how do i fix it thank you for all the help

RUN IT HARD AND FLAT OUT !!!!:atv:

ya need to dialectic grease all the electrical conenctions. and when i say all i mean ALL!

thanks for the help ill give that a try should i seal the coil in RTV or is the water having any effect on that?

lbjamm i understand that but if i hit a big mud / water hole it cuts out studders, spits and some times dies i have checked all of the other stuff like intake and carb couplings and there all good went even as fare to rtv the intake and air box cupler so and it helped but i am not geting water in the air box but still studders when i hit the water hard

try running water over it when its running at home after its warm. if starts to still you will know where to look . but diff dyeltric all your plugs

Yah, what he said. Prolly your stator, regulator and/or cdi connections. I doubt that it's the ignition coil but I could be wrong. It's been known to happen once or twice. lol

thank you all for that advice i will tyry the water splashing thing later today i pout the dielec greas on all my conecters last night so i hope it works will give you an up date when i have one

sorry its bean a bit havent bean out to the pit to test the gres and the rtv around it got into a full motor rebiled and shock upgrade and brakes up grade ill have a new post up whe its all done with befor and after pics :)

Back