mother f@cker

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000warrior350

Reaction score
well im out the game for a while

somehow i snapped the dowel pin on the end of the camshaft that holds the cam gear in place ...

well it snapped off and took a chunk of the camshaft with it

anyone got a cam shaft with the dowel pin lyong around ??

let me know if you do ill buy it

did you find out what made it do that? i had the same thing happen when my cam bearing failed. when it happened, the cam had that much up and down play that one of the lobes caught the head and stopped the cam which preceded to snap off the cam gear, the exhaust valve was open and the piston hit it. i would really check to make sure everything is alright, and find out what happened, when it happened to me, the whole entire top end had to be rebuilt. i got 3 junk webcams laying around lol. i just ordered that dowel pin yesterday too. it would also be wise to replace that needle bearing in the back of the head, its cheap insurance. when we had 3 cam bearing races fail, it took that needle bearing out also, so i would suggest replacing that also.

lol... yea i was PISSED i got a hole in my barn wall now (my fist somehow went through it) ??

but i got a new camshaft from a guy down the road with 2 warriors torn down , so if i end up needin anythingelse i can get it from him too

2000warrior350 said:
lol... yea i was PISSED i got a hole in my barn wall now (my fist somehow went through it) ??

but i got a new camshaft from a guy down the road with 2 warriors torn down , so if i end up needin anythingelse i can get it from him too

Hope you get it going again soon!!!

yea the sweet barn , but it ok , i just knocked one of the planks off , i can nail it back up , it didnt break it

Thats what happened to mine , when they didnt tourqe the cam gear to spec . I think I soggested pulling those covers . You might have been able to prevent that .

yea it was my fault , i got in a hurry .

but i got a new cam now , so u live and you learn

Weve all been there . I never usta check Tourqe specs , but I do now !

Back