More Power

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior350x

Reaction score
hey, im new here and it sounds like you guys know what your talking about. i have a 1996 Yamaha warrior /w Dg Xccelorator Stage 3 w/o SA, Dyno Jet stage 2 jet kit, Pro Dising Intake system w/o air box lid, RK 520 o-ring chain /w sun star counter sproket, AC full chassi skid, and matching bumper, DG baja swing arm skid, Dg alloy nerfs, SRP metal front wheel spacers /w reversed stock rims, and Douglas red tag rears /w titan tiers, some other stuff. BUT i want some more top end, and a better jump. i origionaly did not want to dig in to the engine even though my dads a engine builder. and i'm still lookin for that extra POWER. If you guys could give me some ideas, because i want to go with a bigger rear sproket but i want that kill muscle too.

i'll put some pics when i figure out how to get it in my sad computer.
Thanks,
Steve

edelbrock would be my next move, but that is just my .02

cant wait to see some pics. sounds pretty badass

an edel wil help a lot its a bitter gian for a bolt on product i was amased for what it did to my bike i no u dont want to do anything with the motor but if u do decide to p&p and a overbore piston

I would say go with a cam, and an edelbrock also. ::)
Either a .430 mid range cam, or if you want all top end from it, then go with a Megacycles cam. They're like ALL top ed, but add Very little if any low to mid range grunt.
~Bill

an edel wil help a lot its a bitter gian for a bolt on product i was amased for what it did to my bike i no u dont want to do anything with the motor but if u do decide to p&p and a overbore piston

Why would he need to bore it? That doesnt gain you ****, except a little throttle response. The only advantage I see to boring, is your cylinder is basically "refreshed". But power wise, its a total waste. If the cylinder walls look fine, then i wouldnt touch it. :-/

Back