More Performance

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor350se

Reaction score
Sup everyone. Currently i have a 05' Raptor 350 w/ a HMF slip on, K&N, hi rev cdi box, and a 14T front sprocket. I was looking into getting a new piston and cam and some titanium valve springs. How much power increase am i looking at? Also what do you prefer?

Sup everyone. Currently i have a 05' Raptor 350 w/ a HMF slip on, K&N, hi rev cdi box, and a 14T front sprocket. I was looking into getting a new piston and cam and some titanium valve springs. How much power increase am i looking at? Also what do you prefer?

K first of all you should NOT run any high rev box with out a valve train upgrade; you will float your valves faster then you can go wee-wee' in your undies. Also I don't know about the raptor 350 but the warrior has NO rev limiter so you really don’t gain an "increase in revs" until you upgrade the train anyway (however a better curve and a big increase in spark are gained).

Then aside from the above with a piston and a good cam you are looking at about a 7 HP gain & a better "usable" power placement in the optimal rev range. As for any over-bore or big bore kit it is safe to say for estimations you gain about 1 HP per 10ccs.

i put a big gun rev box in mine and i didnt upgrade the valve train, what would i do to upgrade this.

[quote:kvk6zhyc]Sup everyone. Currently i have a 05' Raptor 350 w/ a HMF slip on, K&N, hi rev cdi box, and a 14T front sprocket. I was looking into getting a new piston and cam and some titanium valve springs. How much power increase am i looking at? Also what do you prefer?

K first of all you should NOT run any high rev box with out a valve train upgrade; you will float your valves faster then you can go wee-wee' in your undies. Also I don't know about the raptor 350 but the warrior has NO rev limiter so you really don’t gain an "increase in revs" until you upgrade the train anyway (however a better curve and a big increase in spark are gained).

Then aside from the above with a piston and a good cam you are looking at about a 7 HP gain & a better "usable" power placement in the optimal rev range. As for any over-bore or big bore kit it is safe to say for estimations you gain about 1 HP per 10ccs.[/quote:kvk6zhyc]What kinda of piston..in cam??do u know anywere good 2 get them from??

Back