Mirror shine on black plastics?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jshultz78

Reaction score
I just got a new set of oem fenders for the rear of my banshee, They're new, but they've been in a bag at the dealership for 7 years or so, finally talked them down to cost+tax, super, super shiny black, but they've got some scuffs from being moved around inside a plastic bag for that long, Does anyone make a wipe on/wipe off polish to cover up those scuffs? I've heard of using pledge, but it didn't do it, someone told me wd40, or maybe the silicone spray lube?

I'm not too far from there, anywhere good to ride around there? I love going up to wolfpen/albert pike, trying to get a ride together now for late march/early april..

DO NOT USE WD!!!! will dry them out and they will crack in about 4 months! i would use a quality plastic polish, if you want a mirror shine you are going to need to use a plastic buffing wheel and polish... the buffs are the main thing as they are specailly made not to burn though plastic... i got mine from Eastwood... the area between my trees on this bike is a plastic cover that i polished... trick is to let the buff do the work NO PRESSURE, or you will still mar it pretty good

another great product is back to black for plastics it is made by Mothers... they also have a really good plastic polish as well... but Plexus and Novus both are top of the line plastic polishes but usually not something you can get at the local store... i used both Plexus and Novus (3 stages) on the plastics on the red bike below, when we got it in on trade it was so sun faded it looked white, that is the after picture

18267_10151192840243073_1498589183_n.jpg

288950_10150277878423073_1055058_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back