mickey dunlaps four stroke tech 446cc kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior123

Reaction score
has anyone heard of the mickey dunlap 446cc kit for the warrior? is it any good? reliability? considering haveing this done to mine but just checking if anyone knows anything

That's the Four Stroke Tech stroker/big bore kit. Mickey Dunlap is the owner. I don't know anybody that has it, but i've heard it's pretty good. Supposedly the reliability isn't too bad, and when it's combined with a good filter, removed airbox lid, and exhaust it can beat a piped 660.

its the best stroker u can buy for a warrior but you need resonable breathing mods such as a pipe filter and cam

I would also like to note that piston speed should be watched especially with the FST kit due to such a large stroke increase; keep it below the 4300 FPM area!!

I would also like to note that piston speed should be watched especially with the FST kit due to such a large stroke increase; keep it below the 4300 FPM area!!

Translatrion:

FPM = Feet Per Minute.

RPM x Stroke (in mm) / 152.4 = Piston Speed (FPM)

So the Warriors stock stroke is 64.5mm then we add the +10 stroke from the FST kit and get a 74.5mm stroke.

Then we take a RPM (9000) and use the above formula to figure out piston speed for that RPM.

9000 x 74.5 / 152.4 = 4,400 FPM

So that is to high... Drop the RPM and use the formula again - 8,500 RPMs = 4,150 FPM (this is acceptable).

So with the FST you want to try and stay under 8,500 RPMS.

-Formula courtesy of Deathshadow

i heard that the fst kit is like a "race on sunday rebuild on monday" kit

thats what the guy from trinity told me

i met a guy with one, he said he couldnt keep the front end down so he had to get a +2 swingarm..and he also talked about his custom axis shocks...i wanted to punch him

that kit has to be pretty pricey how much is it the 446 kit 1300.00 ?????

thats what the guy from trinity told me

That's what the guy from a competing company told you. You can't trust information coming from a person trying to make money off you.

[quote:adyzn4k3]thats what the guy from trinity told me

That's what the guy from a competing company told you. You can't trust information coming from a person trying to make money off you.[/quote:adyzn4k3]

I would have to agree, although you have to watch your revs more with the larger stroke I have spoken to many people with the FST that have had it for years.

Latest posts

Back