maier plastic

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88warrior350

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried the maier plastic yfz style, if so did you like it? and will this plastic not fit an 87-88 warrior? some websites say 87-04 others say 89-04 are the mounting points different. i know the hood and rear foot guards make it some what different.

Maier plastics in general are sort of a pain in the ass. They will fit the 87-88's, somebody on here had them. I think he might have had to adapt or fabricate a set of the mounts on the front because of the hood, but it sounded pretty simple. I think his member name is jccruiser78, something like that, you might be able to find some info if you search back, probably at least a year if not 2.

The reasons I say Maier plastics are a pain in the ass are numerous. To start, my biggest complaint with them, is that the plastic seems to be poorer quality than oem plastics, it seems less durable and more likely to get stress marks, cracks, and permenant creases. Another thing that really bothered me is that a couple of the sets of maier fenders i've seen had a horrible surface finish on them. It wasn't smooth and shiny like it should have been, it was rough and orange-peel textured in some areas, like the plastic was cooled down too quickly or something. Another common thing i've seen with them is over a few years time they will start to droop, which looks like hell to me. Additional stress on the fenders, like the weight of mud, will accelerate this problem. Another common issue, although more minor than the others, is that the mounting holes rarely line up with the mounts, if the holes are drilled at all. I think at one point maier stopped drilling the holes all together because they were getting too many complaints of the holes being drilled way off of where they should be. Not sure what they're doing now.

If you do get these, just don't expect to have an oem-quality product, I like the factory yamaha plastics way better than these. Not only the looks (I think the warrior looks badass in stock form), but also the quality of them. I never understood why people would want to make their quad look like something else to begin with, and make it look like every other sport quad on the current market. It's just going to make people expect more out of you at the track and make you look like a poser to those that realize you obviously aren't riding a yfz. I say wear the original yamaha plastics, and do it with pride.

;D I SECOND THAT AMEN!!!! I THINK THAT THE HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE WARRIOR THE RAPTOR MAY NOT EVEN BE AROUND! WHY GET RID OF THE LOOK THAT STARTED IT ALL! I LOVE MY STOCK WARRIOR LOOK. WHEN I RIDE LOTS OF PEOPLE ASK, WHAT KIND OF QUAD IS IT? I ALSO LIKE WHEN PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT IT IS SEE ALL THE MODS I'VE DONE & WISHED THEY STILL HAD THEIR OLD ONE. :cool:

i third that amen. most of the new quads have the same look, but i think the warrior has its own distinct look and i think its great.

I agree with you guys, I like the way the warrior lookes too, I especially like my old school warrior plastic with the old style hood and lights, its just that I found these for cheap and there brand new, my old plastic is just stained with mud (it has white fenders with a blue seat, blue tank and hood), cracked, stress marks all over, and just look junky in general while the rest of the bike lookes brand new, I would love to put new OEM plastic on it but that would be way to expensive from the dealer, and have yet to see any companys make, or even sell the old style.

The last time I checked, a full set of OEM plastics including the hood, tank cover, both fenders, and lower front fenders ran around $400, about the same price as Maiers...

Latest posts

Back