MAF Sendor and K&N

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew413

Reaction score
hey just thought i'd pass it on but i have a 97 toy tacoma w/a 2.4 and a K&N Fipk II. ive been trowing codes for the past few weeks po171 (BANK 1 LEAN) anyway what i recently found out is if u run a k&n the oil gets on the mass airflow sensor, and cooks on to it. the fix, is to get some electrical contact cleaner and a q-tip 2 clean it very gently. I stopped throwing codes and all is right in the world. I figured most guys who sup up their bikes also do their ride, so if u have any questios feel free 2 ask. Drew

This is why airfilters that do not require oil are better. The oil from a k&n also cooked the mass air sensor on the mustang, switched to a cold air intake with no oil airfilter and never had a problem.

Yeah I get that code now and then - a spritz of starting fluid on her cleans it right off. It is amazing how much of a throttle response dif it makes. I wont even touch it with a Q-tip - ******* thing is expensive from denso too lol.

i think my maf is shot on my car. tried cleaning it with just some contact cleaner. i wont touch it with a q-tip either. damn thing costs about 4-500 bucks. ordered a used one to try and get my by, but the damn thing hasnt showed up. hope that it fixes the problem

Back